KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Get a Sound Choice audit......for FREE.... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:22 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
Oh LR if we get audits up here and have to pay for it, then as I would hope those of you in the US would do, write it off as a business expense.

Last edited by timberlea on Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:05 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
I have called Sound Choice twice, sent a message via their customer support form on the website, and have yet to be contacted by them. Has the response been so great that they are too busy to return calls.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:59 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 59 times
Does this mean that they are doing audits without "STAMPING" your discs? How is that gonna work out? How will they know if they are truly your discs? If your not paying for it and you still have to stamp who's paying for all that material? Somehow I think all of this will fall in the toilet and be flushed before it all really comes to pass.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:23 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
Lshiny wrote:
I have called Sound Choice twice, sent a message via their customer support form on the website, and have yet to be contacted by them. Has the response been so great that they are too busy to return calls.

Check your messages. I provided a direct contact number to you in PM.

-Chris

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:32 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
chrisavis wrote:
Check your messages. I provided a direct contact number to you in PM.

-Chris

Thanks. I sent the email tonight. I will try to call again tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:55 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 180 times
my last phone call was to verify they got my information by email, brian verified he had received it. and then told me they would call to setup the audit. it's been a week and still no phone call. so i'm playing the waiting game.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:37 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 32 times
Maybe I am the only crazy one here. But somebody please tell me what good is a voluntary audit. Who in their right mind would go through a voluntary audit unless they have disc's to back them up. (Nobody). That's why they go into the shows and then request an audit. That's the way u find the ones that are not legal. Am I missing something here.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:10 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

audioprola wrote:
Maybe I am the only crazy one here. But somebody please tell me what good is a voluntary audit. Who in their right mind would go through a voluntary audit unless they have disc's to back them up. (Nobody). That's why they go into the shows and then request an audit. That's the way u find the ones that are not legal. Am I missing something here.

A voluntary audit gets you a Sound Choice certification plus some minor goodies. It also proactively let's Sound Choice know who you are so when an investigative team comes through, you have nothing to worry about. In areas where venues are aware of what is going on, it may also benefit you to be certified if the venues are looking only for certified or legitimate hosts (I have picked up several gigs exactly because of this). I use certification as a part of my marketing.

-Chris

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:22 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
audioprola wrote:
Maybe I am the only crazy one here. But somebody please tell me what good is a voluntary audit. Who in their right mind would go through a voluntary audit unless they have disc's to back them up (Nobody)? That's why they go into the shows and then request an audit. That's the way u find the ones that are not legal. Am I missing something here.
The purpose of the audit is to prove (to SC) that you have the discs to match with what's backed up on your PC, so that makes your question (the one I highlighted in RED) a rhetorical one.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:39 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
cueball wrote:
audioprola wrote:
Maybe I am the only crazy one here. But somebody please tell me what good is a voluntary audit. Who in their right mind would go through a voluntary audit unless they have disc's to back them up (Nobody)? That's why they go into the shows and then request an audit. That's the way u find the ones that are not legal. Am I missing something here.
The purpose of the audit is to prove (to SC) that you have the discs to match with what's backed up on your PC, so that makes your question (the one I highlighted in RED) a rhetorical one.

Which brings up a point, Cue. You have asked about audits for OMD host on several occasions. Since it's obvious that OMD hosts are kind of sort of mostly hopefully left alone by SC, my perception is that you would like to do it only to be listed on SC's site. Is that right? No knock- if you think it would be good for your business, so be it. I'm just asking you to clarify your reasons.

" Disc based and loving it..."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:39 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

JoeChartreuse wrote:
Which brings up a point, Cue. You have asked about audits for OMD host on several occasions. Since it's obvious that OMD hosts are kind of sort of mostly hopefully left alone by SC, my perception is that you would like to do it only to be listed on SC's site. Is that right?

First, for clarification, I would like to state that you and I use certain terms differently. While you use the term OMD (Original Manufacturer Discs) to mean you are only using original discs that were made by the actual manufacturer (I hope I have stated that correctly), I use the term ODB (Only Disc Based) or DB to mean that I am only using discs at my show (some of those discs were originally downloads which I purchased form SBI and DT, and I had to convert (media shift) them to CDG). The bottom line is, no matter which term you choose to use, you and I are both running a Disc Based show, and thus, there is no 1:1 ratio to be proven, because we are 1:None. You might argue the point that I am not completely 1:None, since I admit to having some downloaded files converted to CDG (so therefore, those files would be on a 1:1 ratio); however, we are both 1:None with regard to SC content... AND THAT IS ALL SC CARES ABOUT with regard to their audits.

That being said, the answer to your question (and I did not take it as a personal knock) is YES!!!

Since I am (by far) NOT a Salesman, I could use any advantage in finding a show for me to host (when my regular work-schedule allows for it). I have stated this in several of my earlier posts. Since SC has spread some kind of notification out there to (some) Venues, suggesting that if they want to find a "Legitimate KJ," they should check their (SC) website for a listing, I would like my name to be on that list. Using Chris Avis as an example, I am no different than Chris (other than the fact that he is a PC based KJ (I just can't bring myself to say PCB :reddevil: :reddevil: :reddevil:), and I am a DB KJ). We both are using "Legitimate Libraries." He had a gig handed to him on a silver platter, because some Venue, a Venue which Chris had never approached or left his calling card, saw his name listed in SC's website, and they were looking for a "Legitimate KJ." I would like that same silver platter handed to me some time, and having my name out there could POSSIBLY present some of those opportunities.

*** Footnote ***
Please note, that my usage of the words "Legitimate KJ" and Legitimate Libraries" is meant only as a reference in regard to SC's stated/defined standards. It is NOT MEANT to mean that anyone else here is not a Legitimate KJ.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:18 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Thanks for adding that Cue. I completely forgot to add the info about being listed on the SC site. I find some value in that as well as I have gotten calls from being listed there. My longest running gig (2 years in Feb) was the result of being listed on the SC site.

-Chris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:47 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
chrisavis wrote:
In areas where venues are aware of what is going on, it may also benefit you to be certified if the venues are looking only for certified or legitimate hosts (I have picked up several gigs exactly because of this). I use certification as a part of my marketing.

-Chris

I am calling BS on this statement. You can be a perfectly Legitimate host and NOT have a SC certificate!! You should have stopped at certified. You make it sound like if you aren't SC certified you are a thief, or illegitimate. That is just ABSOLUTE BS.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:11 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Smoothedge69 wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
In areas where venues are aware of what is going on, it may also benefit you to be certified if the venues are looking only for certified or legitimate hosts (I have picked up several gigs exactly because of this). I use certification as a part of my marketing.

-Chris

I am calling BS on this statement. You can be a perfectly Legitimate host and NOT have a SC certificate!! You should have stopped at certified. You make it sound like if you aren't SC certified you are a thief, or illegitimate. That is just ABSOLUTE BS.

It wasn't intended to suggest that you can only be legitimate with a certification.

But it does beg the question - How does a venue search for "legitimate" hosts who are not certified? Where is the web page that lists "legitimate" hosts?

-Chris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:02 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
chrisavis wrote:
But it does beg the question - How does a venue search for "legitimate" hosts who are not certified? Where is the web page that lists "legitimate" hosts? -Chris
Or the list of Safe Venues that might actually be aware of the need to be certified or at least legal (actually own the discs or DL's)?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:45 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

chrisavis wrote:
Smoothedge69 wrote:
chrisavis wrote:

-Chris

It wasn't intended to suggest that you can only be legitimate with a certification.
Chris, even tho this topic thread is about (Free) SC Audits, maybe you should have put a footnote (like I did) when making references to "Legitimate Hosts."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:47 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

mrmarog wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
But it does beg the question - How does a venue search for "legitimate" hosts who are not certified? Where is the web page that lists "legitimate" hosts? -Chris
Or the list of Safe Venues that might actually be aware of the need to be certified or at least legal (actually own the discs or DL's)?
And where is that list of Safe Venues? ONLY on SC's Website. And who knows about it? Venues who were contacted by SC when they first started their crack-down on Piracy (also, maybe Venues who got the word passed down to them from other Venue Owners/Managers or even KJs who either worked for them or were soliciting their services to them). And as for actually owning the discs, I'm not on that list (yet) due to the fact that I am a 1:None DB KJ. They (SC) have not created that (sub) heading yet.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:27 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
chrisavis wrote:

But it does beg the question - How does a venue search for "legitimate" hosts who are not certified? Where is the web page that lists "legitimate" hosts?

-Chris

Around here KJs just go into the bars and pitch themselves. See things are still simple around here. Which is as it should be. My venues know where I get my music because I have shown them. My customers know where I get my music because I show THEM as I am buying it for them. I don't NEED to be on some database for people to know I am legitimate.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:41 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Smoothedge69 wrote:
chrisavis wrote:

-Chris

Around here KJs just go into the bars and pitch themselves. See things are still simple around here. Which is as it should be. My venues know where I get my music because I have shown them. My customers know where I get my music because I show THEM as I am buying it for them. I don't NEED to be on some database for people to know I am legitimate.

Well.....I am a city mouse. 'round here, the venues come looking for hosts as often as hosts go looking for venues.

I am not saying that it is a perfect solution, but being listed there has brought me business. My not work in a smaller city or town, but it has worked for me in the Seattle are.

-Chris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:10 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
chrisavis wrote:
Well.....I am a city mouse. 'round here, the venues come looking for hosts as often as hosts go looking for venues.
Sometimes more so!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next