KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Get a Sound Choice audit......for FREE.... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:15 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
The Lone Ranger wrote:
8) Does that go for tim up in Canada who doesn't really have any skin in the game Chris? Or does that only apply to me since I happen to find fault with this free audit offer of yours?

It applies only to you because it was addressed only to you.

The free audit isn't mine, it is Sound Choice's offer.

Any fault you find means absolutely nothing. I have already explained multiple times that I will do what I can to get Sound Choice to update the offer based on the response. Something you refuse to acknowledge.

-Chris

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:19 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
i'd have no objectiion with paying for my audit.. IF i was still hosting with a steady gig. i may not have bought 150 discs, but I have certainly feel like i have spent an equivalent amount of money. 20 of the 59 discs I have are customs. 10 I bought when discs were $30-40 each at a retail store.

-james

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:20 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
timberlea wrote:
We have over 350 SC discs and we are OBD. Anyone is welcome to check. If they had an audit up here we'd do it. It would be just a cost of doing business and as such would be a tax deduction. I'm sorry LR that I live in a better country than you.

8) Did I say anything bad about Canada? They have one payer health care and have had so for years, something we haven't done. You have a Political system where the majority party rules, no gridlock. Even though you are up in Canada tim why not take advantage of the free audit even if you don't need it? It could save you money down the road, and you would be ready if SC and PR decide to invade Canada. You have over twice the legal limit to get such a free audit. Think of it you could advertise you are the only SC certified host in Canada, then you could really wave the old maple leaf flag.

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:25 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

chrisavis wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
8) Does that go for tim up in Canada who doesn't really have any skin in the game Chris? Or does that only apply to me since I happen to find fault with this free audit offer of yours?

It applies only to you because it was addressed only to you.

The free audit isn't mine, it is Sound Choice's offer.

Any fault you find means absolutely nothing. I have already explained multiple times that I will do what I can to get Sound Choice to update the offer based on the response. Something you refuse to acknowledge.

-Chris

8) Unless the response is so low that Kurt decides to pull the plug on this offer. The only reason it was made was to say "see even if we offer the audit for free the response was under whelming". When is an offer not really an offer, when you know nobody will take you up on it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:29 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
how about this then. Everyone who wants a free audit, but doesn't have the required 150 discs submits there name for a draw and soundchoice can randomly draw for X number of free audits without the restrictions.

Of course someone would probably then complain about the fairness of the names picked, but hey it would be better than nothing and you would get a chance to see how many names/responses you got.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:36 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

8) SC could also offer the program with no time limit and no disc limit. It would save them money over the long haul since they would eliminate from their lists potential targets, that happen to be legal. Then they could focus their limited resources on the real pirates and finally make some progress.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:40 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

I stated in the OP that anyone with less than 150 discs should contact me.
I posted a polling thread to get an idea of how many are <150
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28871

Lone Ranger - While the intent of the original offer may have been to make one point, there is nothing prohibiting the value proposition from changing.

Unlike you, I am willing to change my perspective, and how I think about things based on facts and how the information comes in. I even stated I was skeptical about how this would all play out. But if it turns out the number needs to be dropped to get a response, then that is what I will talk to Kurt about.

You aren't talking to Kurt about anything. You are just complaining to complain even as I am explaining what I am willing to ask Kurt for.

-Chris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:05 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

chrisavis wrote:
I stated in the OP that anyone with less than 150 discs should contact me.
I posted a polling thread to get an idea of how many are <150
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28871

Lone Ranger - While the intent of the original offer may have been to make one point, there is nothing prohibiting the value proposition from changing.

Unlike you, I am willing to change my perspective, and how I think about things based on facts and how the information comes in. I even stated I was skeptical about how this would all play out. But if it turns out the number needs to be dropped to get a response, then that is what I will talk to Kurt about.

You aren't talking to Kurt about anything. You are just complaining to complain even as I am explaining what I am willing to ask Kurt for.

-Chris

8) Chris I'm not downing you, you are only the messenger carrying the message. I have changed my perspective, in a way. I see that this offer could be a useful tool to help divide the legal hosts from the illegal, through a free program of audits. If the system gets overwhelmed then more time could be given to make sure every host that wants an audit can obtain one. This way SC could focus it's resources to going after the pirates in a serious way. Practically speaking what would I have to say to Kurt? I'm a host that doesn't use your product, but I want to tell you what you are doing wrong? I could see how much attention he would give to what I have to say.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:02 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 757 times
Smoothedge69 wrote:
Bazza wrote:
Kurt Slep could offer to come to you house for a free audit, no disc minimum, with a steak dinner and bottle of wine, and $100 cash for your time...and it would STILL be rejected. :roll:

That's not true. If it were a good steak, i would let him come over.

I'd settle for a really good Hamburger. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:10 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
Practically speaking what would I have to say to Kurt? I'm a host that doesn't use your product, but I want to tell you what you are doing wrong? I could see how much attention he would give to what I have to say.

'nuff said....

-Chris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:17 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

chrisavis wrote:
Cue - I have an idea around ODB hosts I will run by Kurt soon. Once I have it all mapped out I will PM you for feedback.

I just went through my binders, and I didn't realize how many SC discs I have. It's not 55... I have 164 SC CDGs, so I meet the 150 minimum requirement. My problem may arise over the fact that I am a DB KJ, and thus I am 1:None.

I decided to make the call to SC today, and I spoke with a Sales Rep named Brian. He was totally aware of the offer, and we spoke. I explained that I do not run a show with the use of a Computer, and that I only use CDGs. Brian then told me to supply him with the following in an e-mail:
1. A picture of me running a show at a public venue.
2. A picture of my CDG player.
3. Pictures of my SC CDGs.

I told Brian that i do not have any shows at present, and that I do an occasional "Fill-In" gig for other local KJs. Brian said, that what they could send me is a letter basically stating that by using original (SC) discs, I would be considered to be operating legitimately. I told Brian that I wanted more than that, because anyone can write a letter and present it to a Venue. I told Brian that I would still like to be listed in SC's website as a Certified/Legitimate KJ. Brian said that he will bring up my situation with Kurt. He also said that they don't have it yet, but they may work on setting up a listing for Certified Disc Users.

There was a little bit more to our conversation, but nothing really worth getting into detail about. I sent the information that Brian requested, and now I will wait and see what becomes of it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:30 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

cueball wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
Cue - I have an idea around ODB hosts I will run by Kurt soon. Once I have it all mapped out I will PM you for feedback.

I just went through my binders, and I didn't realize how many SC discs I have. It's not 55... I have 164 SC CDGs, so I meet the 150 minimum requirement. My problem may arise over the fact that I am a DB KJ, and thus I am 1:None.

I decided to make the call to SC today, and I spoke with a Sales Rep named Brian. He was totally aware of the offer, and we spoke. I explained that I do not run a show with the use of a Computer, and that I only use CDGs. Brian then told me to supply him with the following in an e-mail:
1. A picture of me running a show at a public venue.
2. A picture of my CDG player.
3. Pictures of my SC CDGs.

I told Brian that i do not have any shows at present, and that I do an occasional "Fill-In" gig for other local KJs. Brian said, that what they could send me is a letter basically stating that by using original (SC) discs, I would be considered to be operating legitimately. I told Brian that I wanted more than that, because anyone can write a letter and present it to a Venue. I told Brian that I would still like to be listed in SC's website as a Certified/Legitimate KJ. Brian said that he will bring up my situation with Kurt. He also said that they don't have it yet, but they may work on setting up a listing for Certified Disc Users.

There was a little bit more to our conversation, but nothing really worth getting into detail about. I sent the information that Brian requested, and now I will wait and see what becomes of it.

Kurt, Brian, Barb - All being included in all of my communications regarding the free certification offer. In spite of perceptions, Sound Choice is easy to work with if you people just make the effort to call. You can't even reach Digitrax by phone at all.

-Chris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:46 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
chrisavis wrote:
You can't even reach Digitrax by phone at all.

-Chris

I spoke with Gretchen directly. It was very easy to get her on the phone.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:18 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Smoothedge69 wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
You can't even reach Digitrax by phone at all.

-Chris

I spoke with Gretchen directly. It was very easy to get her on the phone.

Again....much respect for Gretchen, but she is not the CEO/President nor does everyone have her number readily available.

The point is - call the numbers listed on the DigiTrax web site and it is impossible to speak to anyone. They refer to you 3rd parties or back to the main menu. There isn't even an option to speak to anyone.

-Chris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:56 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 294 times
I have always had excellent service from SC. I remember a few years ago we bought a player from them that was faulty and they sent a new one out immediately and in time for our next show without waiting to get the faulty one back. I think they worked to give the benefit of the doubt similarly when they first started the audit process and the fact that they were "too nice" about it made people suspect it and twist it around.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:22 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Well, it was very nice of Kurt to offer the free audit. I just wish that it was made available to everyone regardless of the amount of SC discs they have. In any case, I think Kurt is making somewhat of an effort to help us out. He seems to be a reasonable man to work with. Maybe someday, we might all be accommodated with a free audit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:12 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
"SC could also offer the program with no time limit and no disc limit."

And GM can offer you a Cadillac for the price of a Cruze too. So what. A company has the right to make any offer it wants and under whatever terms and conditions they want. That's what all the small print in ads are all about.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:58 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

For anyone that is a part of the Old Jolters Forum on Facebook, I that has any questions about the offer that they wish to get clarification on, feel free to email or call me. The information being posted by

I would also encourage you to contact Sound Choice directly with any questions you have.

Chris E. Avis
chris@feelgoodpros.com
(425) 647-3440

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 180 times
I submitted my paperwork and called brian at soundchoice to confirm that he got my paperwork.

now just waiting for the call to setup the audit...

will let you all know how it goes...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:49 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

I received an e-mail from Brian earlier in the week. He said that they were still working on setting up some type of section on their website to list (Certified) Disc-Based KJs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next