KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Get a Sound Choice audit......for FREE.... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:53 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 629 times
TroyVnd27 wrote:
Also, I think it's funny that they think they'll only be selling to certified hosts. Yeah, right. Like a karaoke manu can afford the process of manufacturing a song, with all the licensing and what not, and then only make it available to a tiny fraction of the market.

With SC claiming they will only sell new music to Certified Hosts and Gem licensee's, well that tells me we will NEVER see new music from SC, exactly for the reasons stated by TroyVnd27.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:18 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
All of this is great feedback folks and I will make sure that Kurt hears it.

150 disk limit - I can only guess here, but if there was no limit at all, then Sound Choice would be faced with potentially hundreds of audit requests from people with only a small number of discs. Sound Choice is not the 100 person, mega-karaoke company they were back in the 90's. They do not have the manpower and resources to field a sudden, large number of requests. Opening it up to anyone and everyone immediately could create a different kind of customer satisfaction issue. There needs to be a metered approach.

That said, let's see how it goes for these first 30 days. I will be in touch with Kurt and if there is a tepid response, I will ask Kurt about lowering the limit.

Paradigm - Not stacking the deck. This is part experiment, part fact finding. I don't believe you will see Kurt or James (or me) popping in here saying "I told you so!". Let's run the course, see what the response is, make adjustments if Kurt is up to it, and continue from there.

Alan B - See above. patience.

Cue - I have an idea around ODB hosts I will run by Kurt soon. Once I have it all mapped out I will PM you for feedback.

JoeChartreuse - Can I charge you for the time I have spent reading some of your outlandish posts? :) As a businessman myself, I understand what you are saying. My time is valuable just like everyone else here. As a businessman I also understand that I have to eat the costs of certain aspects of my business. Everyone of us - even you - have profits and losses. The goal is to make sure the former exceeds the latter. Do you send an invoice to companies when you have to spend your time on the phone with the for tech support? Do you send an invoice to company X when a microphone stops working and you have to spend your time/money/transportation replacing or repairing it? Or do you just pass that cost on to your venues/customers?

That said, Joe, how much would you charge me to audit your system?

-Chris

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:19 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 294 times
I have tried to spread the news to some hosts not on this board--one I know has their discs but I don't know how many SCs. The other I tried to get word to through some singers that at one time told me about their friend/host who has shows across two states. The latter is who I think would be the target for this "experiment"--a large operation that brags about their songbook and has even told these singers they were certified when they aren't. They would have the minimum number of discs if they have discs at all. Here is their chance to make that real. Wonder what will happen?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:54 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 634 times
8) I really don't see where this would prove anything Chris it is not a true one time free offer unless it is open to all hosts, no matter what size their library of SC is. It could be a one time chance for SC to take as many targets out of their sights as possible and focus on the real pirates. That way they would not have to waste resources going after hosts that are running their business legally. If SC doesn't even have the manpower or resources to run audits on small libraries, how will they ever have the resources to make a significant dent in the illegal market? Like you have pointed out before only a small number of hosts come on these forums and the certification requests would be limited to the hosts that know about this program. This is like Obama Care the web site couldn't handle the amount of requests, so it will be argued by the Tea Party that there is a lack of interest and signups. If it was running properly then there would be more signups and more likely it would succeed. SC will say this program is a failure due to lack of response, when they have made it worthless except to hosts with at least 150 discs.

Last edited by The Lone Ranger on Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:06 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
8) I really don't see where this would prove anything Chris it is not a true one time free offer unless it is open to all hosts, no matter what size their library of SC is. It could be a one time chance for SC to take as many targets out of their sights as possible and focus on the real pirates. That way they would not have to waste resources going after hosts that are running their business legally. If SC doesn't even have the manpower or resources to run audits on small libraries, how will they ever have the resources to make a significant dent in the illegal market? Like you have pointed out before only a small number of hosts come on these forums and the certification requests would be limited to the hosts that know about this program.

Lone - ....and I really don't see where your feedback is relevant. You don't use the product. You are retiring. You have an obvious and absolute bias against Sound Choice. I don't believe there is anything at all that Sound Choice can do that will allow you to say anything positive about Sound Choice. You will go out of your way to question and introduce doubt.

To the best of my knowledge you have NEVER contacted Sound Choice directly to open a dialog with them to try to accomplish anything positive. If I am wrong, please let me know. In my opinion, I don't think you have ever contributed anything to these forums that is very positive. Your response above is a perfect example of how you will take even a token olive branch that has been extended and continue to demonize Sound Choice.

-Chris

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:53 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

chrisavis wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:
8) I really don't see where this would prove anything Chris it is not a true one time free offer unless it is open to all hosts, no matter what size their library of SC is. It could be a one time chance for SC to take as many targets out of their sights as possible and focus on the real pirates. That way they would not have to waste resources going after hosts that are running their business legally. If SC doesn't even have the manpower or resources to run audits on small libraries, how will they ever have the resources to make a significant dent in the illegal market? Like you have pointed out before only a small number of hosts come on these forums and the certification requests would be limited to the hosts that know about this program.

Lone - ....and I really don't see where your feedback is relevant. You don't use the product. You are retiring. You have an obvious and absolute bias against Sound Choice. I don't believe there is anything at all that Sound Choice can do that will allow you to say anything positive about Sound Choice. You will go out of your way to question and introduce doubt.

To the best of my knowledge you have NEVER contacted Sound Choice directly to open a dialog with them to try to accomplish anything positive. If I am wrong, please let me know. In my opinion, I don't think you have ever contributed anything to these forums that is very positive. Your response above is a perfect example of how you will take even a token olive branch that has been extended and continue to demonize Sound Choice.

-Chris

8) Tell me Chris what is so positive about this offer? It is not going to help the people that need the help the hosts that really want to cooperate, and prove their small library is legal, so they can get their certification. If the standard is 150 discs, at 15 songs per disc that would be 2250 tracks a host would have to have to merit a free audit. You never really answered any of the questions I raised about this so called free audit proposal. Instead you engaged in a personal attack on me.

I will explain once again my reasoning on my attitude with SC. I do not need to contact SC directly since I have elected years ago to boycott their product. The reason for the boycott was so I would not have to deal with SC at all. Guess what Chris my tactics worked I'm 11 days from retirement and no suit filed. Neither the pirates or the manus effected my business during the time I ran it, can you make the same claim? I'm very satisfied with the way everything has worked out for me. I'm not responsible for others actions and outcomes, only my own.

It is an old trick Chris to attack others when your own position is weak and really indefensible. This free offer is a fig leaf Kurt and company offer, just to say see we offered free audits and no takers. There would be takers if the terms included all hosts not just ones with 150 discs or more.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:38 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

You asked two questions (denoted with a familiar "?") in this thread -

The Lone Ranger wrote:
You have to have at least 150 discs to merit an audit, does that mean anything less than that number is too small for SC to worry about?

Kurt's number, not mine. But I assume he set it there to intentionally control the number of requests and to ensure they weren't overwhelmed. It would do nobody any good to make an offer and then be too overwhelmed to make it happen in a timely fashion. That is just common sense.

The Lone Ranger wrote:
If SC doesn't even have the manpower or resources to run audits on small libraries, how will they ever have the resources to make a significant dent in the illegal market?

You are tying this to another issue that is on another scale beyond the ability for anyone to get a handle on at this time. Again, common sense. of which you seem to prove almost daily, you don't have any of.

Yes. I am short with you Lone because of the reason I said before. You deserve what you get because of how you have approached pretty much everything in the forums.

I am acting as a liaison and I am happy to find out definitive answers, but you are missing the point of the entire offer. The offer is give people an opportunity to get audited for free. There are limitations to ensure Sound Choice doesn't get overwhelmed. I have already stated that after 30 days I will go back to Kurt, find out the results, and see if things can/need to be modified.

You want to blast the process after I have already explained why things are the way the are and that I will go to bat for the community to change things if they need to be changed.....well....THAT is what I am talking about with your negative attitude.

AND you have absolutely no skin in the game. You are just trying to rock the boat and denounce an offer that didn't even exist before I posted it.

If you have a better idea and process, call Kurt and try to make it happen. Good Luck with that.

-Chris

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:07 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 92 times
Thank you Chris! I'm going to start counting right now!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:03 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 92 times
Well, for what it's worth I counted and I pleasantly shocked myself when I discovered I own 184 Sound Choice discs (not counting one I haven't been able to rip so it isn't in the book yet)! Woo Hoo! So I will DEFINITELY be calling Sound Choice tomorrow for the "Chris Avis Special" and I think I might just swing the dough for the banner and tee shirt.

Karaoke is more of a labor of love thing than a true business for me, but I've been wanting to do the audit thing for awhile just so I can claim to be the very first (and only) karaoke host in my city to do it. I guess this is at least some small reward for reinvesting a large share of my earnings back into my gear and library.

Post subject: Attention Children!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:21 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Calling All Children! Get Your Free Lollipops! Available To all Children*

*Sorry but you must be under 8 years old to qualify.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:48 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 180 times
thanks for the info chris.
I will be calling also, between my soundchoice, performers choice and clark media disc's i have 270 of them here and would love to be able to show proof that i'm legal.

i'm calling Monday morning also.

and your right it was the fee stopping me from doing the audit.
only doing a single night show and couldn't justify the audit fee.
but "free" is great and gonna take full advantage

thanks again chris, next time I hit the western side of washington state i'll find a show your doing. myself i'm in the southeastern corner of the state in Clarkston wa.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:01 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

I am happy to hear this offer is accessible to some and you will be taking advantage of it.

It would be nice to hear some feedback - good and bad - about how the audit process goes for those that are taking advantage of the offer.

-Chris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:11 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

chrisavis wrote:
I am happy to hear this offer is accessible to some and you will be taking advantage of it.

It would be nice to hear some feedback - good and bad - about how the audit process goes for those that are taking advantage of the offer.

-Chris

8) You won't be getting much feed back Chris since this free offer is only available to a few hosts that have a large investment in SC. By the very requirements of this program only a select few will be able to avail themselves of this free audit offer. Seems strange to me with such a large investment the two above hosts would wait for a free offer. At on average 20.00 a piece for 187 discs that would come to $3740.00 spent on SC product just by one host. It would surely be worth it to pay the fee for the audit. If for no other reason to be able to be free from the threat of a possible suit, which could run into thousands of dollars itself. It would be a cheap form of insurance. If it sounds like I'm being negative, it's because this offer has one glaring problem it is not open to all hosts no matter what the size of the SC holdings are. You keep saying that SC would be overwhelmed with requests, how do you know unless it is tried? Like you have said so many times only a small number of hosts come on these forums, and the word would only get out to a small number when compared to the whole karaoke host community. You said that Kurt was waiting to see what the response is, why doesn't he find out what the real response would be? If there are hosts out here that want to be legal and the only thing holding them back is the cost of the audit, why not clear them off the books? Then SC could focus it's limited resources on the real pirates and leave the legal host free to run their respective services.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:44 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
And if they offered free audits to one and all, you'd still complain about it. You remind me of eco-terrorists who will continue to demonstrate, use violence, or anything else until they get their way and when they do it's still not good enough for them.

Last edited by timberlea on Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:59 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

timberlea wrote:
And if they offered free audits to one and all, you'd still complain about it. You remeind me of eco-terrorists who will continue to demonstrate, use violence, or anything else until they get their way and when they do it's still not good enough for them.

8) Do you have enough SC discs tim to sign up for your one time free audit? Oh that's right your up in Canada and you don't need certification do you? I didn't know I was terrorizing anyone tim I thought that is what SC and PR are trying to do.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:19 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

The Lone Ranger wrote:
8) You won't be getting much feed back Chris since this free offer is only available to a few hosts that have a large investment in SC. By the very requirements of this program only a select few will be able to avail themselves of this free audit offer. Seems strange to me with such a large investment the two above hosts would wait for a free offer. At on average 20.00 a piece for 187 discs that would come to $3740.00 spent on SC product just by one host. It would surely be worth it to pay the fee for the audit. If for no other reason to be able to be free from the threat of a possible suit, which could run into thousands of dollars itself. It would be a cheap form of insurance. If it sounds like I'm being negative, it's because this offer has one glaring problem it is not open to all hosts no matter what the size of the SC holdings are. You keep saying that SC would be overwhelmed with requests, how do you know unless it is tried? Like you have said so many times only a small number of hosts come on these forums, and the word would only get out to a small number when compared to the whole karaoke host community. You said that Kurt was waiting to see what the response is, why doesn't he find out what the real response would be? If there are hosts out here that want to be legal and the only thing holding them back is the cost of the audit, why not clear them off the books? Then SC could focus it's limited resources on the real pirates and leave the legal host free to run their respective services.

I try to avoid telling anyone "I don't care" but it is with the utmost sincerity that I am saying that I don't care about what you have to say regarding this matter Lone Ranger. You have no skin in the game and very little of anything you have ever had to say is anything I consider valid or relevant. Purely my opinion but in this case, that is all that matters.

Like I said before - If you have a better way of implementing this, take it directly to Kurt.

-Chris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:22 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 610 times
chrisavis wrote:
I personally believe (and I know Kurt does too) that cost is being used as a scapegoat.

Of course it it. And now the 150 Disc minimum is being used. And if the minimum is eliminated another will be found.

Kurt Slep could offer to come to you house for a free audit, no disc minimum, with a steak dinner and bottle of wine, and $100 cash for your time...and it would STILL be rejected. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:51 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 397 times
Bazza wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
I personally believe (and I know Kurt does too) that cost is being used as a scapegoat.

Of course it it. And now the 150 Disc minimum is being used. And if the minimum is eliminated another will be found.

Kurt Slep could offer to come to you house for a free audit, no disc minimum, with a steak dinner and bottle of wine, and $100 cash for your time...and it would STILL be rejected. :roll:

That's not true. If it were a good steak, i would let him come over.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:00 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

chrisavis wrote:
The Lone Ranger wrote:

I try to avoid telling anyone "I don't care" but it is with the utmost sincerity that I am saying that I don't care about what you have to say regarding this matter Lone Ranger. You have no skin in the game and very little of anything you have ever had to say is anything I consider valid or relevant. Purely my opinion but in this case, that is all that matters.

Like I said before - If you have a better way of implementing this, take it directly to Kurt.

-Chris

8) Does that go for tim up in Canada who doesn't really have any skin in the game Chris? Or does that only apply to me since I happen to find fault with this free audit offer of yours?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:07 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
We have over 350 SC discs and we are OBD. Anyone is welcome to check. If they had an audit up here we'd do it. It would be just a cost of doing business and as such would be a tax deduction. I'm sorry LR that I live in a better country than you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next