KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Upcoming book reprint idea ???? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What do you think of the idea of adding artist / band logos to the book?
Yes 37%  37%  [ 10 ]
No 44%  44%  [ 12 ]
not for sure 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 27
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:27 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 64 times
twansenne wrote:
I may steal your idea, pending you did not copyright it. Lol

No copyright here...lol...just want to share an idea and if it others want to do it..GREAT...go for it!!!!!!!!!!
I was however thinking of a couple things....while I love the idea..I began to wonder ..can one over do it.with the logos..I believe its good with restraint
Second wonder if this would invite people to use it as a coloring book..not good

at any rate I would love to see what you all come up with..if you feel like sharing
drop me a line I will post mine when im done

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:56 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
It looks like a tremendous amount of extra work that needs to redone on every reprint of your books. Hand placement,orientation,sizing.....etc. One artist at a time. Count me out......even if it's kinda cool. I am very patient and RETIRED and that would take a lot of both.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:39 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 172 times
I tried putting hot babes in string bikini pictures on the side, but my books kept coming back with many of the pages stuck together........gosh, I sure hope that was from rum coke, or some kinda mixed drink......... :?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:52 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
More importantly, did the pictures come back?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:36 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

mrmarog wrote:
It looks like a tremendous amount of extra work that needs to redone on every reprint of your books. Hand placement,orientation,sizing.....etc. One artist at a time. Count me out......even if it's kinda cool. I am very patient and RETIRED and that would take a lot of both.

you right it does take some extra time but in my eyes well worth it

Ive been to a lot of show and the books almost look the same..boring..why not give you books more attention...and you don't have to add a lot for me Ive decided just to do the Broadway musicals...it will add some visual and not take that much time or ink...

Another idea to it to artists you know people look for...hey it just an idea

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:10 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

I have decided to do a pre run of the new songs list and see how the aud will like the new design I guess I will know after tonight ..keeping my fingers crossed

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:59 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 146 times
GeminiMALE40 wrote:
I was thinking about adding more interest to the visual appearance of my book by replacing the Name of the band or artist with their logo and the Broadway musical with their logo as well..i was wanting to know what other kjs thinks..would this be to distracting????? Example below

I like it! Looks like a lot of work though. I know I spent hundreds of hours tagging my itunes artwork with pics of actual 45s for my own collection. If it feels good, do it!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:13 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Well I add logos to my new list to find out what singers thought and they liked it..so its nice to see my work is not in vain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:40 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
In a karaoke climate where there is a beer whore KJ host on every corner diluting the environment, the little things will be what makes the difference between the mediocre shows, the good shows, and the REALLY good shows.

Grats!

-Chris

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:19 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

chrisavis wrote:
In a karaoke climate where there is a beer whore KJ host on every corner diluting the environment, the little things will be what makes the difference between the mediocre shows, the good shows, and the REALLY good shows.

Grats!

-Chris

Thanks..now the really work begins deciding which logos to use and how many.....this is going to be interesting to say the least..oh well..here we go

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:14 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 92 times
Go for it. I read a similar idea in a book called "Karaoke, Karaoke, Karaoke" except the author just put up pics of the artists with their names instead of logos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:38 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
Just completed my bi-annual books update/reprint. 510 pages back to back, 14 set: 11 in the cabinet, 1 for my own use at the venue, 2 for my home rig. There's also a laptop if they don’t want to use the book. Cost: Good deal from Office Depot, 30% Labor day discount, $211. Inserting pages to plastic sheets was the easy part, wiping the sticky pages (towel/windex) was the biyatch!! :lol: Having said that, still not gonna go the kiosk route.

I uploaded to excel to find out my total tracks, 24,245 no dupes, collection of karaoke songs that spans over 20yrs. Total was up there because I was able to add a good 7 thousand songs from CB12k hdrive I purchased from their fire sale prior to closing shop.
Attachment:
KaraokeBook.gif
KaraokeBook.gif [ 187.94 KiB | Viewed 26942 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:46 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

I’ve been using karaoke book artwork too for years. Well, it’s so nice to be retired!!! Meaning I got the Styx in me: “too much time on my hands”. No additional pages added from the graphic inserts. They’re added to fill the blank spaces. I think it looks better with, than without. I cut & paste the pages to make room for posting. I have 2 more pages with graphics but I think you got the idea about utilizing blank spaces. I also did the singer’s pics years ago, & the pages just keep on adding. (“Hey, I don’t see my picture there”! “Me too!”). So I decided to post their pictures @ the venue’s hallway. :wink:
Attachment:
Image3.gif
Image3.gif [ 571.93 KiB | Viewed 26941 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:48 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

btw, some graphics are my design, some designed by a pro-graphic designer & others are public domain.
Attachment:
Image4.gif
Image4.gif [ 410.36 KiB | Viewed 26940 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:47 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Very nice looking Brian! I have one venue I need to reprint for soon. I am going to try the Artist Graphics idea suggested by Gemini. I don't stuff my own books so my cost is a lot higher even with fewer pages. Though my page count will go up a little this time around because I am going to increase the font size to make it a little easier to read. My last run was about $400 for ~300 pages front and back with 8 laminated pages and spiral bound. I think I printed 12 books.

-Chris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:40 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Brian A wrote:
btw, some graphics are my design, some designed by a pro-graphic designer & others are public domain.
Attachment:
Image4.gif

very good job...looks very professional..wow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:28 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

chrisavis wrote:
I don't stuff my own books so my cost is a lot higher even with fewer pages.-Chris

:) Reminiscent of my day job days when there’s no time to spare, I’d rather pay someone to do it for me. Unlike money, you can't earn time back. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:40 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Brian A wrote:
chrisavis wrote:
I don't stuff my own books so my cost is a lot higher even with fewer pages.-Chris

:) Reminiscent of my day job days when there’s no time to spare, I’d rather pay someone to do it for me. Unlike money, you can't earn time back. :wink:

Pretty much where I am these days. Between day job, managing the karaoke business, maintaining a social life and a marriage, I would rather spend the money to let the pros do the books for me. If I had to stuff my own books......well....I know I can't afford me :)

-Chris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:07 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 92 times
Love your book, Brian! Wish I could see one of your shows.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:48 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

@ Big Jer: Check your in-box. I pm'd you!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next