KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Next Generation of Karaoke - LRC Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:01 pm 

Been Liked: 5 times
[quote= Karaoke Video Creator that will allow to convert CD+G to high resolution videos will follow soon.[/quote]

Congratulations, with all possible respect for your vision! I wouldn't bother with pirates, they are always around and there are people getting their pay to get them. But this... will be painless entrance to a new karaoke era. HD or whatever... but better looking ;-).

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:04 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
powerkaraoke wrote:
And it is ready. Today we have released Karaoke CD+G Creator that has CD+G import. It works with most CD+G songs. For clean fonts it usually makes one or two spelling errors in the entire song. If the font is more condensed, import may not work that good. But for major manus it does a great job. Also at the moment only English songs are supported, and also no duets. But it is a good start and I am very happy with the results.

I have made a tutorial video that shows how it works. Karaoke Video Creator that will allow to convert CD+G to high resolution videos will follow soon.

Just tried the demo, was able to import a song, change one of the naughty words to a acceptable word & then tried to export to a bin, the program locked up. So I tried to export to a cdg, the program locked up. Does it not have the ability to save - even maybe a minute in demo mode?
Also looking at your demo, it's looks like it changes the logo screens - I do not wish to do this on the songs, I just want to edit a word or fix a swipe issue but keep the original manu logo screens - is it mandatory to change the screens?

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:10 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 15 times
Hats off to powerkaraoke! :D :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:35 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 160 times
okay. I just downloaded the demo version and tried it out on one of my homemade tracks. All I changed in the lyrics was PM to P.M. and I clisked on capitalize in the settings somewhere. After just doing that I "created" the song again to take a look. Now this may have happend on the original import but I didn't notice it until I played the song back. It changed quite a few "A"s to "H"s and it changed the word "WAS"to "MS" a few times. It also removed my original Title screen and any CDG pics that I had added to the original. It was easy enough to add the original title screen back in once I realized it was missing. I haven't messed around with it long enough to figure out if there is something you can click on to keep it from removing certain things. I recently got a song that had two words flip flopped in the lyrics. It was "my on" instead of "ON MY". That will be my next test of this software. I have a feeling that I will be able to switch the words around but the origianl Title Screen will be lost forever which is probably not a good thing, unless there is a way to set it up to not remove any graphics from the original.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:14 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

I did the flip flop on the two words and they printed in the right order but they swiped at the wrong time. I set the lines per page to 5 because that is what was on the first page of the original but there were different amount of lines on various pages, which made the later pages not feel right to me. I would definitely reccomend this program to someone that didn't already have a program to create their own karaoke files. I already use Karaoke Builder Studio to create my home made karaoke files so I don't think that I'd be willilng to pay $100 just to be able to correct a word every so often. Oh yeah, the software removed the title screen too. If I pay for a disc from a company that won't sue me for putting the track on my laptop; I'd like to keep the logo as part of the file if I only had to fix one word in the song. I could certainly see where some people would run every sound choice track they own through this software. Without much trouble at all, they could remove every logo in the songs and even change the fonts and maybe even the colors at the same time.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:45 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

tried it on a Sound Choice track and it did remove any pic files in the track but it also removed some of the lyrics along with them. It takes longer to correct the erros that the software creates than to fix the original spelling mistake that you might want to fix. I'm sure that it is a work in progress and future versions might be better. It also removes the count down blocks at the beginning of the song so you'd have to spend a lot of time working with the program to figure out how to get around that as well. The program certainly has potential but I don't know how many songs are out there that I would take the time to edit for a spelling mistake. I'm sure that there are a few KJs that would like to take out the *****s and the ####s and replace them with the original curse words that are in the original songs but That also is not that important to me. Some folks might even go in the opoosite direction with that and change some of the "dirty" words to a bunch of #####s?

Like I said before. I don't think the editing feature is worth $100. Maybe $20 if you could buy it separately

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:08 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Love the idea but agree, can't see spending $100 on something that eliminates the logos and graphics. When that gets fixed, i'd definitely be on board.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:47 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
Thank you all for the comments.

We will try to add the ability to import the title screen as well. As of the price, it is a complete CD+G authoring software (in fact the price has not changed for 6 years), so I do not think it will change.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:21 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

powerkaraoke wrote:
Thank you all for the comments.

We will try to add the ability to import the title screen as well. As of the price, it is a complete CD+G authoring software (in fact the price has not changed for 6 years), so I do not think it will change.

Price isn't so much the issue on my end, but it has to keep logos & graphics intact for me personally - I just want to use it to change some 'naughty' words to more acceptable words mainly, but would pay the full price of the software for that option without having to reswipe an entire song (or utilize a pixel by pixel editor) to do so.
I am also interested in the Video creator - if it could import a cdg like this then output to video file!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:44 am 

Been Liked: 5 times
A decent support for import and export enhanced LRC lyrics would be nice, too. You can stick with your own lyrics format, but it wouldn't take you anywhere further. Anyway, tried your software and it was amazing. Keep the good work.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:37 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
Just downloaded it as well. Add the ability to rip directly from CD+G and I will buy it.

-Chris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:35 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

It would be nice if you could just click on an individual page at a time and correct a spelling mistake on that page without changing anything else at all. Then if you had mistakes on a few different pages, you could just correct each page by itself without it changing the entire track, I understand that it is a complete authoring software program, but I already have one that I'm very comfortable using as I've made close to a thousand karaoke tracks with it. Learning an entire new program just isn't in the cards for me. It took me a very long time to figure out Karaoke Builder Studio and I'd hate to start all over again. I do appreciate you getting back to us and giving us a heads up.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:44 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

It seems to work better with Tracks that have plenty of page breaks already built into the songs. I tried my luck with one of the newer Pop Hits Tracks to see if I could do something about the small font that they use and I was pretty successful with increasing the size of the letters and then it allowed me to cut the lines in half so they wouldn't stretch out too far off the side of the page. Everything seemed to work out perfectly until got to the end of the song and then it seemed like some of the lyrics had been changed. I guess I have to do a side by side comparison to see what happened but the lyrics were much easier on my old eyes than the original font. You can even change to ALL CAPS if you like. That makes them even a little bigger if need be. The more I play around with it, the more I like it. Maybe at some point, like I said before, they can separate this feature and sell it separately.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:49 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
Great news, Great topic, Great times.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:27 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
Except it isn't coming to pass.....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:31 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
Bazza wrote:
The only issue i see is that a pirate can now torrent every karaoke song in existence and change the screens to something completely different, IE: his own logo or even a different manufacture.

This is gonna make it a tough road for the pirate hunters unfortunately.

Most people are either too lazy or too stupid to change the ID tags that get imbedded into mp3 files when you rip a karaoke track.

Besides that, companies like soundchoice said they have software to analyze a track and identify whether or not it is their music.

-James