KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Integrated android/iphone app for requests? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:36 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Has anyone pioneered a retail or DYI solution for requests by phone? I was thinking an app where people can browse your book, select their songs and the program on your tablet or phone cues up the requests. Anyone seen anything like that?

EDIT: Never Mind. Just saw the thread about our Australian friends app. Trying it out.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:39 am 

For iPhone there's:
iswift request
Or
my corner bar karaoke remote

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:25 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 40 times
It also depends on what software you are running and pc or mac. I have some info for mac if interested

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:46 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 122 times
I do it with the Compuhost Kiosk system. I run a hotspot -- people just go to the KARAOKE SSID and then request from http://k.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:09 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1279 times
using Songbookdb and so far so good.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:44 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:
using Songbookdb and so far so good.

I just installed it. Looking forward to giving it a try at shows. This is almost exactly what I had in mind. Seems very well thought out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:03 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
I have a tested a few of these and while many of them work well, it creates more work for me to monitor another application and then move that request into my hosting program.

I am also a firm believer in interaction with my singers. This is why I much prefer to NOT use a kiosk or request slips. I like speaking to the singers and get to know them a little better. More difficult to do that when I may not ever see them until I call their name.

That said.....

I want to see some enterprising individuals integrate these mobile apps with existing karaoke hosting applications. The first one that can get their app to integrate with Karma wins my vote. And when I say "integrate", I would like to see the remote request enter my queue, but flagged as a "Remote Request" so I can Accept or Reject it. I would like to see an option to Ban a "User". I would like to see an option that limits the number of Requests that can be sent to the Queue from remote within a certain time frame by a user. I would like to see other features as well, but I will wait for integration to take place before ranting about those.

-Chris

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:07 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
chrisavis wrote:
I have a tested a few of these and while many of them work well, it creates more work for me to monitor another application and then move that request into my hosting program.

I am also a firm believer in interaction with my singers. This is why I much prefer to NOT use a kiosk or request slips. I like speaking to the singers and get to know them a little better. More difficult to do that when I may not ever see them until I call their name.

That said.....

I want to see some enterprising individuals integrate these mobile apps with existing karaoke hosting applications. The first one that can get their app to integrate with Karma wins my vote. And when I say "integrate", I would like to see the remote request enter my queue, but flagged as a "Remote Request" so I can Accept or Reject it. I would like to see an option to Ban a "User". I would like to see an option that limits the number of Requests that can be sent to the Queue from remote within a certain time frame by a user. I would like to see other features as well, but I will wait for integration to take place before ranting about those.

-Chris

does karma support any kind of scripting. Wouldn't be too hard to accomplish if it did

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:09 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1663 times
Not that I am aware of. I believe all of the data is stored in XML files. But that would be file locks and polling to deal with. I will ping Bob to ask about scripting.

-Chris

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:48 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

chrisavis wrote:

-Chris

i don't like the automatic insertion of requests, but so far the songbookdb app does offer to ban a user with one click, and limits to three requests. the positives....the icon on the task bar flashes to let you know you have a request, when its enteres and you click "done" it sends an update to the singer letting them know their request was accepted and loaded, no more chicken scratch names or songs, no more songs that arent there, and i can update my book every day i get new songs.
i do agree, some integration would be nice.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:02 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

i have to give a bit on what has been happinging at my show with only using the songbookdb service.

i made new business cards with the site and a qr code to get people onboard.
for those without smartphones (which is surprisingly the YOUNGER crowd, most of the older crowd have them and the 21-35 year olds have old flip phones....go figure.....i put up a laptop set to the songbookdb page (zoomed in to about 250% to fill the page and the only page on the whitelist) with my own generic login.
i must admit i was surprised, no lines, very few "i dont get it" or "this is too hard". i keep it just a few feet from me on the table where i used to put the books and i can help them if i see the deer in headlights look. once they get their first songs in they love it, once i help get them setup on their phone (and set a shortcut to their desktop :mrgreen: ) they are loving it and commenting on how easy and great it is. i canb in under two minutes after adding a song to my system export the database, upload it to the site (which is stupid easy) and they can see it. two weeks now without a single book or slip and it is going awesome.
just thought i would share after being a big nay-sayer myself for quite a while.