KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - CompuHost V2 Users? Reviews? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:19 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
OK I apologize in advance if this sounds like a rant (in a small aspect it might be lol) but this needs to be said.

As a compuhost user for many years I LOVED their V1 software, and I was very pleased to see the added features and functions in their V2 release. However, they need to seriously revamp their support team over there. I experienced many of the issues that are being discussed on this forum, across a few different threads which I will explain below, and I also was able to find a solution to these problems which I will also post at the end of my comments here.

So, from the time I started using V2, I noticed a serious lag issue, originally it wasn't too bad and I was able to make it work, it just took longer to do things, but as said, I was able to make it work.

Over the course of a few weeks the problem got worse and worse. The filler tunes would lag and not cross fade properly, the cue button was not functioning and I couldn't cue up songs to play next. The karaoke songs lagged SEVERELY, it would take upwards of 30 seconds for the program to play the song and the filler tunes had already faded out, which caused dead air time. Then when the song ended the filler tunes would take 30 seconds or more to restart after the karaoke song had already finished.

The lyrics would lag and not properly sync with the music, sometimes by more than 3 or 4 seconds. While the karaoke song was playing the program would lock me out of adding new singers or songs, needless to say it got to the point where I couldn't even use the program at shows.

So my first "quick fix" was to switch to one of my other dj programs, VirtualDJ, which allowed me to play music and karaoke songs for my next few shows flawlesly, albeit labor intensive, and far more involved to run the show then with CH. This was a temporary fix though. While I was using VDJ to fill in for my shows, I spent HOURS and HOURS on the phone with CH tech support guys.

CH Support had me do EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING to try and fix the problem. Settings changes to my video card, added more ram, installed a new video card, they told me it was the External HD I was using that was lagging, and to try replacing it, so I bought a brand new one at their recommendation and transferred everything over to it, I uninstalled and re installed CH at least 10 times, they had me tweaking every setting in CH and my CPU they could think of, they blamed it on my Anti virus and had me uninstall it and disable windows defender and finally, much to my dismay, had me wipe and restore my CPU to the original factory settings. I am running windows 8 so this wasn't hard to do, it was just a pain. I then re installed CH and still it did not work.

Overall I spent upwards of 500 dollars or more in new parts (Ext. HD, video card, more ram etc) at their recommendation, which now gave me better parts in my laptop but that's not the point lol. I spent hours and hours of time changing settings and such and then finally wiping my CPU and it still wasn't fixed. Their final answer was that my laptop was not compatible with CH and I should purchase a new laptop. This laptop is less then 3 months old, I KNOW its compatible and capable of running CH and it is built for graphics and gaming, top of the line processor and everything. needles to say I was not about to go buy a new laptop.

FIX:

So today I called them again to try and make one last attempt to fix the problem. They are away on VACATION till Monday. Well that doesn't help at all. So I started messing around with the settings in the CH program itself. Finally after about an hour of messing with the program it is working perfectly now, all issues resolved.

After all that time money and aggravation over a few weeks, the answer to my whole problem was switching the hardware support setting in the CH program itself from Enhanced to Standard.

What aggravates me is that CH made the program, and couldn't find an answer to this issue. The had me spend money on CPU upgrades hard drives and told me to buy a new laptop. They had me spend hours tweaking settings on my laptop and NEVER thought to have me click this ONE BUTTON in THEIR PROGRAM which fixed everything. Further aggravating me is that it says right in this setting the following.

Under enhanced mode it says: if you have this setting selected and are experiencing LAGGING issues and other system performance issues, change this setting from enhanced to standard. I changed it and BOOM, the program now works perfectly.

For those having any lagging issues I suggest trying this first before ANYTHING else.

To change this do the following:

File > System devices and options > Change Hardware Support mode > change from enhanced to STANDARD > click save and then restart Compuhost.

Fixed the problem for me. Program now runs perfect and flawlessly.

Why was this not their first thought when I told them the program was SEVERELY LAGGING? I mean THEY WROTE THE NOTIFICATION IN THE PROGRAM, WHICH TOLD ME TO CHANGE IT! UGH!

Thanks for listening and I hope my time money and aggravation saves the rest of you time money and aggravation.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:42 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
It is a MAJOR BUG in COMPUHOST. I replicated this and sent them a video on Saturday and by SUNDAY they had replied and released a bug fix version that addressed this issue. That problem should no longer exist and I am very happy with the response this time around. Last time I reported it they said it was just my hardware and / or a software conflict BUT this time they asked for a video and I sent it back immediately and they have now fixed the problem as per 18/6/17.

Dean

[quote="MtnKaraoke"]Found it to be [i]less[/i] stable than the last version of V1.

They removed functions that I utilized every show.

Start up is now much, much slower (probably due to the new media player functionality).

The "themes" are simply irrelevant and useless in my opinion. The interface still seems outdated though, it has always been adequate to the task.

I mentioned (on their forums) that editing a song selection in the singer's queue, such as changing the track to a preferred mfr, causes CH to crash. Someone else mentioned that they had opened a support ticket on the same issue. I'm not sure if this has been resolved. I work around it by adding instead of editing the track. I have to watch for key changes.

I will continue to use CH V2 with the kiosk and hope that they return the previous functionality.

In the meantime, I am going to begin to re-evaluate competitive hosting software.[/quote]

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile