KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaoke Software Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Karaoke Software
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:03 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 610 times
* - Added "SongDive" to the OP.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:10 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
there is new software, called Karaoke Shell , turns your home theater into karaoke machine and uses your tablet as song book and remote. search it on google or youtube.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:16 am 

Hello,

Under "Karaoke Kiosk Software" can you add:

Jukebox Jockey Media Player
Home $59 <-No system locking functions
Gold $129 <- System locking available
Platinum $199 <- System locking and other additional features available
1:1 license but 5 activation credits for backup purposes.

Jay

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:52 pm 

Bazza,

TKarake software has Pro and Free version.
<Links removed>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:21 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 334 times
Any software out tthere compatible to KJ Pro that has a database so one can simply click the disc number to add all titles, artists, and other info (after corrections of course)? I'm talking about songbook software, NOT something that reads MP3 libraries and generates a songbook.

" Disc based and loving it..."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:34 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 146 times
Gotta tell ya, very unhappy with compuhost. Not only were they part of the kjmp that I got my guts ripped out on, the kiosk is a piece of crap that sometimes worked, sometimes didn't. Now I can't get it on either computer. They got to a place during email support that they told me it must not be for me and that it was clearly posted that yada yada and if it doesn't work for you,,,,,,, TFB! Will I continue to use the player? For now but I'm no longer going to support them or say anything good about them. Their support was never that fast anyway. I'm certainly done buying anything else they support.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:11 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 610 times
ripman8 wrote:
Gotta tell ya, very unhappy with compuhost. Not only were they part of the kjmp that I got my guts ripped out on, the kiosk is a piece of crap that sometimes worked, sometimes didn't. Now I can't get it on either computer. They got to a place during email support that they told me it must not be for me and that it was clearly posted that yada yada and if it doesn't work for you,,,,,,, TFB! Will I continue to use the player? For now but I'm no longer going to support them or say anything good about them. Their support was never that fast anyway. I'm certainly done buying anything else they support.

I like Compuhost, the program. But their "support" is arrogant and rude. They have ZERO bedside manner when someone is contacting them for help (which is the ONLY time you really contact them). Thankfully I haven't needed them in some time.

As I have said before, the brains behind the code are almost never the people you want dealing with the public...wrong personality type as you have learned. And it's not just Compuhost/Karaokeware/Invicion/Whatever they are this week. You see the posts about douchey "blame the user" coders everywhere on this forum it seems.

One day, an entrepreneur with a brain will "get it" and blow the others away.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:43 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

YIKES!!!!! I'm new at this, and Compuhost V2 is where I was leaning.... I'm a blank canvas you might say. I have no past software to compare too. Or complain about why "X" isn't like "Y" or stuff like that. I just want a program that will HELP make a GREAT show!! Custom banners (for advertising) Filler mixing, Singer rotation, Histories.... Things like that. I like the kiosk action. That is, if I'm understanding it correctly? (a singer can look up and request a song from their phone?) Well, after they get setup with the link to the network. Which could be displayed on a CUSTOM banner. Am I close? I'm glad I made it here before I spent A LOT OF MONEY on garbage..... Tryin' the demo versions right now, but I do like the compuhost over Just karaoke and rock box at this point. The others I have not tried yet. Rock box is what the Kj's in town are mostly using. I think there is BETTER software out there. I'm a FIRM BELIEVER that you give the client a better service, they will return, and return with more friends and MORE MONEY!!!! The high $$$ programs allow a GOOD Kj an avenue to up their games and income. And the free software is GREAT for the Kj wanna be that does private "FRIENDS" parties, and really doesn't do it for an income. Maybe a few bucks here and there, but not REAL MONEY. There is a HUGE spread between both side of the coin just as there is in anything. I'm a home builder by trade and my trailer is NOT full of Black and Decker tools. I have Skil, Milwaukee, Dewalt, and tools of the such. If you go to a mechanics shop and check out the tool box, you will most likely find Snap on or Craftsman. NOT Asian IMPOSTERS!!!!! That is at least what I see.
Again, I could be wrong. That's why I'm here... 8)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:57 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 396 times
Dj_Divepirate wrote:
YIKES!!!!! I'm new at this, and Compuhost V2 is where I was leaning.... I'm a blank canvas you might say. I have no past software to compare too. Or complain about why "X" isn't like "Y" or stuff like that. I just want a program that will HELP make a GREAT show!! Custom banners (for advertising) Filler mixing, Singer rotation, Histories.... Things like that. I like the kiosk action. That is, if I'm understanding it correctly? (a singer can look up and request a song from their phone?) Well, after they get setup with the link to the network. Which could be displayed on a CUSTOM banner. Am I close? I'm glad I made it here before I spent A LOT OF MONEY on garbage..... Tryin' the demo versions right now, but I do like the compuhost over Just karaoke and rock box at this point. The others I have not tried yet. Rock box is what the Kj's in town are mostly using. I think there is BETTER software out there. I'm a FIRM BELIEVER that you give the client a better service, they will return, and return with more friends and MORE MONEY!!!! The high $$$ programs allow a GOOD Kj an avenue to up their games and income. And the free software is GREAT for the Kj wanna be that does private "FRIENDS" parties, and really doesn't do it for an income. Maybe a few bucks here and there, but not REAL MONEY. There is a HUGE spread between both side of the coin just as there is in anything. I'm a home builder by trade and my trailer is NOT full of Black and Decker tools. I have Skil, Milwaukee, Dewalt, and tools of the such. If you go to a mechanics shop and check out the tool box, you will most likely find Snap on or Craftsman. NOT Asian IMPOSTERS!!!!! That is at least what I see.
Again, I could be wrong. That's why I'm here... 8)

You can't go wrong with Compuhost.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:26 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 180 times
Aw just save yourself a lot of trouble and download the MTU Hoster demo.
Been running it for 3 years solid as a rock. Come to think of it I have never needed
to contact their support service... :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:14 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
Kuelman1 wrote:
Aw just save yourself a lot of trouble and download the MTU Hoster demo.
Been running it for 3 years solid as a rock. Come to think of it I have never needed
to contact their support service... :D

2nd that. Only time I've had a crash is when it was directly related to my computer itself. Plus they listen & take requests for new features without telling you that you don't need it or make you feel like an idiot because you can't figure something out.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:21 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

I'm using Karafun and like that it can play CDG discs.

The player I downloaded says it's version 1.2, but the website tutorials and help show a version 2, which is completely different. Go figure.

In any event, I would like to record my singing. The version I downloaded (v1.2) has a record button and the screen flashes a red REC in the upper left to let you know it's recording. However, I can't figure out how to save the recording. How do you save a recording?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:39 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

DavidZ wrote:
I'm using Karafun and like that it can play CDG discs.

The player I downloaded says it's version 1.2, but the website tutorials and help show a version 2, which is completely different. Go figure.

In any event, I would like to record my singing. The version I downloaded (v1.2) has a record button and the screen flashes a red REC in the upper left to let you know it's recording. However, I can't figure out how to save the recording. How do you save a recording?

It saves and the next time you play the song the vocal(your vocals) version is heard.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:22 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
It saves and the next time you play the song the vocal(your vocals) version is heard.
Even when you're playing a CDG disc? Where does it save it? If you're playing an mp3, does it write over the mp3 file?

I was playing a CDG and recording. When I replay the CDG, I don't hear my voice.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:33 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

DavidZ wrote:
DannyG2006 wrote:
Even when you're playing a CDG disc? Where does it save it? If you're playing an mp3, does it write over the mp3 file?

I was playing a CDG and recording. When I replay the CDG, I don't hear my voice.

Karafun will record with an mp3+g file. It doesn't alter the original mp3 file.

But it doesn't seem to have the ability to save the recording. Is that correct?

When you close Karafun after making a recording, it doesn't ask you if you want to save. Apparently, the recording is temporarily stored inside Karafun and is lost when you close Karafun.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:21 pm 

I actually use virtual DJ it covers all my needs from music, music videos and karaoke plus able to change the pitch, key and more. And all on one program so no need to switch from one program to another.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:19 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Dirt Road Ent wrote:
I actually use virtual DJ it covers all my needs from music, music videos and karaoke plus able to change the pitch, key and more. And all on one program so no need to switch from one program to another.

But it is missing rotation, the scrolling of who's up etc. so how can you claim it's all in one?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:29 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 8 times
I personally love the MTU Hoster. They were the first to make a hosting program and I really do love how it works. They have put a lot of new features in their programs and it is certainly works for me.

Just my 2 cents :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:11 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 56 times
ripman8 wrote:

Although I don't use the Kiosk the rest of the program has been great for me. Over the years I have a a couple of minor issues and always had quick responses from tech support that pointed out possible solutions. Usually it is a problem on my end and not there's.

FYI, the KJMP song selection has been reduced because of litigation between DT and Universal and DT requested removal of the tracks in question until the suit is settled. Karaokeware (the Compuhost supplier) has no control over that.

Maybe, you could post the issue you are having with the kiosk here and someone using it can help you that might have had a similar issue they have resolved . I have been considering adding the kiosk but will hold off for now if there is a serious problem with it. The biggest problem I have heard is the network link between the kiosk and the central computer.

Happy New Year!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:04 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 2 times
I have been running Hoster since 2009. I have never had reason to call technical support. My system crashed two times a couple of years ago. It happened while doing a party at my place. It crashed when listening to the filler music playlist. In a regular show I would never hear the end of a filler music song as I don't typically play non karaoke songs while people are waiting, only for as long as it takes for the next singer to get up to the stage. Both times the system froze, it froze at the end of the same song. I deleted that mp3 and it has never froze or crashed again. There must have been something wrong with the end of the mp3, or it could be the music gods telling me to get rid of that Justin Timberlake song.

Felix

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next