KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Compuhost V3 Songlist showing karaoke brand and numbering Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:13 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
So I've got two laptops, my main and my backup, and I have a problem on my backup laptop with Compuhost v3 showing stuff like "Sc8503-07 - Backstreet Boys" instead of just "Backstreet Boys" under Artist like my other laptop does (and like it should be doing). I've been scouring the internet to no avail trying to find a solution for changing how it displays them.

This problem also has it not collapsing all the different karaoke brand versions of a single song into one easily accessible dropdown menu. The only options I could find about collapsing was for duplicates. Anyone else had this problem before and have a way to fix it?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:40 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 445 times
There may be some display settings, but at least in my CompuHost 2.0, it just displays based on the file name.

Are ALL files having this issue, or did you just run across one or two? If the exact same file on both computers is structured the exact same way in the filename, but CompuHost is displaying them differently on each computer, then you know it's a CompuHost setting.

If you happened to see that Backstreet Boys file displayed the disc ID on laptop 1, but you have never seen that before on laptop 2, perhaps you've just never loaded that particular Backstreet Boys file on laptop 2, and then it would be a problem with the filename structure, and have nothing to do with CompuHost. You'd need to go into the actual file and make sure it fits the proper naming convention.

I would bet it's scenario #2, but either way, hope that helps!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:35 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Saeryf wrote:
So I've got two laptops, my main and my backup, and I have a problem on my backup laptop with Compuhost v3 showing stuff like "Sc8503-07 - Backstreet Boys" instead of just "Backstreet Boys" under Artist like my other laptop does (and like it should be doing). I've been scouring the internet to no avail trying to find a solution for changing how it displays them.

This problem also has it not collapsing all the different karaoke brand versions of a single song into one easily accessible dropdown menu. The only options I could find about collapsing was for duplicates. Anyone else had this problem before and have a way to fix it?

The standard format would be: DiscID-Track# - Artist - Title. If you're files do not follow this standard, CompuHost will let you select from 8 different file naming formats plus Custom. It will even properly configure it for you. The problem is NOT with CompuHost.

But let me tell you something... This is why it's always important to choose a file format and make sure that any ripped discs or downloads use it. If you just want to use the Artist and Title, CompuHost will let you do that as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:06 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
It's all files on the 2nd laptop, and I chose "Artist - Title" (or vice versa) when importing/updating the song list. Can't seem to find any setting that will change it, either. It's pretty frustrating.

Anyone know where settings and such are saved on the computer by Compuhost? I've tried uninstall/reinstall but it comes up with the same session and everything.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:46 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1048 times
Saeryf wrote:
It's all files on the 2nd laptop, and I chose "Artist - Title" (or vice versa) when importing/updating the song list. Can't seem to find any setting that will change it, either. It's pretty frustrating.

Anyone know where settings and such are saved on the computer by Compuhost? I've tried uninstall/reinstall but it comes up with the same session and everything.

How are all of these files named? (on your 2nd laptop) Are they all named the same? You can also use the custom setting in CH to import them. Any incorrect files and CH will Help you correct them.

On the very top of CH towards the left, choose Song List > Index/Catalog Karaoke Files

Very simple if every one of your files are named the same. But if you have hundreds or thousands of files and they're named every which way, I would use KJ File Manager to rename them all the same.