KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - hacking magicmic/magicsing song chips Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:06 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
happy new year everyone!

just got back from a new years party myself. voice a bit tired from singing, drinking, kisses and what have you.

before i forget and fall into the first oblivion of this new year... was curious

does anyone know of any editors or song chip programming utilities for magicmics/magicsing etc karaoke devices?

there are a couple of songs i would really like to sing but aren't on any song chips currently available..

curious if there are any diy methods

looking forward to your guys replies,

cheers and a sweet 2011 to you all!

robin

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:25 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 610 times
If it is one of the chip based mics, I am sure those chips are PROMs and unable to be edited. And as for making new ones, I think you will be hard pressed to find someone interested in writing code for what is essentially a toy when there are MUCH better home Karaoke options out there!

If it is the kind with an SD card slot, you may have options such as loading your own video files, but the standard CD-G / MP3+G files that we all use won't work as those mics play video files (AVI, MPG, etc).

Why not build yourself a real Karaoke system? Its not that hard to do and you will find plenty of help here.

Good Luck!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:39 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
Bazza @ Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:25 pm wrote:
Why not build yourself a real Karaoke system? Its not that hard to do and you will find plenty of help here.

My guess would be a little thing called MONEY. We're so quick on this board to criticize and forget that many of these folks have no knowledge or interest in building a PA and running full blown Karaoke shows in their house. Looking at some of those Magic Sing mics, it's hardly what I'd call a toy (at least not for $300+). If I had just spent that much on something like that I have to say spending 3 times that to build a home system probably isn't going to be tops on my agenda.

Robind, unfortunately Bazza is right about one thing, with such a big market out there for computer based karaoke using MP3+G's plus the existing market of CDG players for CD based systems, I seriously doubt you're going to find anyone that's doing much to hack those all-in-one ideas like what you've got. There's just too many easier ways to get at what you want to do (although again it does cost money).

Unfortunately what you've got is a product that is intentionally proprietary in an effort to force you to purchase your music from them. As such you're pretty much stuck with the selection they provide.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:41 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

letitrip @ Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:39 pm wrote:
My guess would be a little thing called MONEY. We're so quick on this board to criticize and forget that many of these folks have no knowledge or interest in building a PA and running full blown Karaoke shows in their house. Looking at some of those Magic Sing mics, it's hardly what I'd call a toy (at least not for $300+). If I had just spent that much on something like that I have to say spending 3 times that to build a home system probably isn't going to be tops on my agenda.

Who's criticizing? Toys come in all price ranges. ;) The only one talking about "building a PA and running full blown Karaoke shows in their house" is you.

I assume the magicmic is being plugged into a stereo system. An existing computer in the home, some freeware and a small mixer w/mic could do the same thing with much more options for the future.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:53 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 3 times
IDK Bazza maybe I'm just mis-reading you hear but to me this statement: "Why not build yourself a real Karaoke system?" seems pretty judgmental and negative as did most of the tone of your post. Maybe that's not how you meant it to come off, but it sure seemed like you were out to be the reproductive organ in this situation. Sorry if I misread your intent.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:18 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

letitrip @ Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:53 am wrote:
IDK Bazza maybe I'm just mis-reading you hear but to me this statement: "Why not build yourself a real Karaoke system?" seems pretty judgmental and negative as did most of the tone of your post. Maybe that's not how you meant it to come off, but it sure seemed like you were out to be the reproductive organ in this situation. Sorry if I misread your intent.

Apology accepted. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:26 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
Yes, I have an answer to your question. I can give you a premium account on Magicsing karaoke app.