KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Carvin Wireless Mic Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Carvin Wireless Mic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:44 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 2 times
I have been researching wireless mics to replace the corded SM58 used for hosting. I was interested in some of the Carvin mic reviews on this board. There were a couple thing that caught my attention and concerned me though.

1. It appears that the on/off switch is located inside the mic and removal of the bottom cap would be required every time I want to turn the mic on/off when I am away from the mixing board.

2. The warranty states 90 days. This seems very short compared to other published warranties by other manu (2-3 years).

At $199 it looks to be a good price but with the lack of a easy access on/off switch maybe it would be a better mic for the singers and not the host(s).

Anyone with thoughts or experience with these?

Thanks

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: Carvin Wireless Mic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:10 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 445 times
Stick with the corded SM58. Unless you have an older crowd, you are going to have to guard a wireless with your life to keep it from being KIA almost every night.

Plus, any cordless mic under $400 or so is going to sound "hot" and "tin-y" compared to the smooth warmth of an SM58.

Just my opinion, I know many KJs that use cordless mics at shows. Of the 4-5 I know that do, however, all of them have a cordless mic with cracks and dents held together by duct tape. Plus they have a $10-15 a month battery budget.

I own a cordless Shure PG58, but don't get it anywhere close to my karaoke show. It is for DJ events only :) It has lasted 4 years and looks brand new after 50 or so DJ events, but it would last about 2-3 hours before a violent death at my karaoke show.

My opinion is worth about as much as you paid for it, but that is my experience!

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: Carvin Wireless Mic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:45 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
I saw one in action not too long ago and was very impressed with the sound. My old band used Carvin PA gear almost exclusively, they actually have some pretty decent equipment for the price and the customer service is great.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile