KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - As a KJ Do You feel You get Paid Enough? - And other issues about Karaoke... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

As a KJ Do You feel You get Paid Enough? - And other issues about Karaoke...
1.Yes 16%  16%  [ 13 ]
1.Yes 16%  16%  [ 13 ]
2.No 29%  29%  [ 24 ]
2.No 29%  29%  [ 24 ]
3. Don't Care 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
3. Don't Care 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 82
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2002 1:40 pm 
Everything I've read above tells me this site is full of pros.  I can relate to all of you.

When I started my business, I performed for $150 a night and after about 1 year I began thinking I didn't get paid enough.  I had to move tables to make room, and switch the tv's over like everyone I'm sure.  What really got to me was when the manager/bartender starts bitching at me about the mess, the broken plant, and that I forgot to move a table back where it was before I started.  All I could think was "screw you.  I just made you at least double the tips you would have gotten without me.  Go buy a new plant if you think it's making this place money, but shut up!"  I was pissed.

I feel very strongly that even $150 is not enough, especially when the wait staff is getting that in tips.  All they have to do is show up and serve drinks.  They have no money invested, no risk, etc.  Everyone has to prove their own worth.  I can't see a standard pay, but I can see a standard rate.  I'm talking about percentage.  The better you are and the more money you get people to spend, the more you're worth.  

I have a percentage arrangement now, and I'm happy as can be.  

P.S.  I think that "pushing buttons" comment was purposely entered to fire up this conversation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 8:57 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
Hey KJ Corey,

For the most part everyone here is a "Pro".  Most of us make a living, at least part time, as a KJ.  Others have a true love for karaoke and participate reularly at one venue or another.

There are a few that just want to complain, either because they are not nearly as good as they think  :crazy: or can't do the kind of Job that the Pros can.  (June 14 Posting).

Karaoke is for fun, I just happen to make a good living having fun. :D

Steve

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 3:34 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Mike,
I have a friend who has a very nice karaoke show in the
San Frenondo Valley with a large following. When new owners took over one of the bars where he had a gig and gave him a ration, he politely walked and took some thier regulars with him. They now want him to come back, but he's declining. He doesn't have to grovel, and niether do you. Politely explain this to the owner of the club in question. If the situation isn't rectified, walk. You've been around for a long time and have paid your dues. Change is good. It promotes growth.
Good luck! You deserve it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 1:23 pm 
You know, there is a place for these lowballers if you think about it. These places are the small BYOB bars that are barely open to begin with! That's where lowballers belong. This why everyone can be happy & have a gig.

Where I'm at there is a glut of KJs, and there is constant competition among most KJs to steal each others shows, and it only hurts the pay of all of them. They don't seem to have any business sense whatsoever. Even lowly lawyers at least have sense enough to have common professional courtesy towards each other.

There are several large clubs in town here that have started off with a lowballer and ended up quiting karaoke altogether thinking that it won't work in their venue because the lowballer had no following, and hardly any music, and is too drunk or stoned to build a following. I don't call 2000 songs a very good music selection at all.

In our town of about 300,000 there are about 20 to 25 kjs, with only 4 or 5 that actually treat their business like it's a business and act in a professional manner.

These professional kjs have had to drop their prices some because of the glut in the market.

Yep! most kjs in Austin look pretty stupid!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 3:18 pm 
I am a KJ/DJ here in the Karaoke Kapitol of the world, Las vegas, Nv. I have been in this business for the past 5 years and boast the largest legal library consisting of over 30,000 up-to-date song titles available to choose from and over 20,000 in my foreign languages book. I have come to the conclusion that an undercutter can do business and will continue to do business with no means of an end. 1. they are using a complete burned library, bought at pennies on the dollar to the price of a legal cdg. 2. they are running there business un-licensed. 3. they don't actually own 1 piece of equipment (ie. discs, monitor, speakers, player etc.) I have done 23 gigs in 5 yrs and have been undercut by them all. I hold a contract w/ each and every gig. All contracts have been broken which put all venues into a long drawn-out litigation. Out of all these bars, 7 are out of business, 15 are in court and the last one settled out. If we KJ's want to rid the business, we need to band together and put an end to the illegal karaoke businesses. They will eventually be our end.

[url=http://www.whosnextkaraoke.com]Who's Next? Karaoke

[/url]brain@whosnextkaraoke.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 4:43 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

hfSFV wrote:
KJs get paid to skillfullycontrol all the  buttons, sing all night when there are no singers or be creative enough to carry a long show. we as regular singers who attend their gigs for support are happy to be involved with wonderful people who put their heart and soul into their work. No one could possibly understand how hard it is to do a one man show unless he/she is a real moran  pro who gets paid to record or perform in front of big audiences.

Hope you dont mind I filled in the missing words from your quote.  Its people like you that remind me how much effort I have put into my Company, You are the wannabe Karaoke person, who wishes they had their own Company, maybe you do. You are the singer who thinks they are above everybody else, well boo bloody hoo mate.

Back to the matter above, I am lucky I am at the better end of the Karaoke scale, due to the fact Australia is way smaller than USA we make $400.00 - $500.00 per show for 4 hours.

People who undercut for Business cant get off their own butts and find work for themselves.

Michelle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:14 pm 
$50.00 for 4 hours...Hmmm i need to think of a reply for that one...I can't think of a time I ever accepted $50.00 for 4 hours of KJ work...But the Karaoke climate is getting that bad in Albuquerque to where they are soon going to be doing shows for that much...I will let my equipment sit and collect dust or sell my business before it gets to me doing a show for that. and most Transients make more than $50.00 in 4 hours standing on street corners and approaching cars and begging for money...I think I see me selling My recordings at concerts instead of accepting $50.00 for a 4 hour show at a small bar in New Mexico or anywhere for that matter. Bar owners are looking for Cheap exploitable entertainment and the KJ's who have no business ethics are under cutting and talking trash about one another to get work it's like the competition type thing all over again..It's kinda like sleeping with your best friends wife to get a favor while he's out of town... 'nuff said... this is a hot button... Sorry folks...  

Brian D  :but:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 1:00 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
I could get more gigs if I lowered my rates. I just won't do that.

I command $150.00 for weekends, and $125. for weekdays. With a library that's 10K strong (6,700 without dupes) and a second system that's close to 4K, that will be ready by this weekend... sorry, I just won't and CAN'T continue to let undercutters control my wages.

I'd rather have the system sitting idle than bringing the whole industry down by accepting a lower wage and having as much as I do. If you only want to pay $75-$100 per show, then you can have the idiot that has the 2K worth of songs!

Matt
http://www.knightshow.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 6:26 pm 
Matt,
You are on my wavelength, there is too much of an investment in the Music, Sound gear, Lighting, and other incidentals to go into debt in thes business and let the clubowners dictate how much the entertainment is worth.
Granted there is some KJ's shows that are just simply no-frills and not worth $300.00 - $350.00 for 4 hours and they will get the dives first... then there are companies (Like ours) who specialize in competition events that operate on a 7 hour competition start to finish 125 - 150 singers on a single stage and turn a $4,000.00 profit (if each show is successful) complete with sponsors and 40 of those are referred to talent agencies and management across the us after each competition. now this year after all debts were paid  we only had a $4,000.00 profit... and 2 real serious losses in competition due to poor turnouts... and it took some real hard decisions to go on for 2003...but there will at least be 2 competitions and we will go from there...

I hope things do get better for compensation for the world of Karaoke and the club scum quit taking advantage of the business operators of our beloved activity that our clients love so much.

KJ's NEVER Sacrifice your talents for less than you are worth!

Best Wishes!

Brian D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 1:18 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Location: Mobile, Alabama (On the Central Gulf Coast 1-65 at I-10)
As I have posted online before around the net,
PAY is dependant on these basic things...

A) The size of the venue
B) The revenues you CONSITENTLY generate
C) The size of the crowd you pull in
D) The time  and nights you play you play (weekday or weekend)
E) Is it your system or a house system
F) What are clubs paying in your area

It all boils down to money. If you're making the bacon you can pretty much get your price. Area pay has some bearing, so if you have lowballers it may be hard to get your price-but NOT impossible.

I pay CASH for all my stuff so I could sit on it if I had to! Comeptition is fierce here. Some companies are paranoid here and so they are becoming very backstabbing. All I will do is worry about my business, not whether somebody is getting theirs. All I am intersted in is doing MY job! One way to stay successful is make sure the customer is KING/QUEEN!

People tell me to measure success by your enemies. Doesn't matter how good you are to others, but  take the high road and value your good name don't lower yourself to look bad with these types. That is all any KJ can do. I realize that times are hard and the economy is bad so I do understand their angst. There are always people who feel THEY AIN'T GETTIN' THEIR PIECE OF THE PIE!

ImageSTAR KARAOKE With KJ Host Debra LewisImage

Edited By StarKaraoke on Nov. 15 2002 at 23:21

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 5:00 am 
What are we worth? Here is a happy (NOT) story for you. I've been running karaoke for 10 years now. 4 years with someone else's company and 6 years for myself. My boyfriend, then fiance, now husband started out with me in both endeavors. When we got married, we told our shows (we had 11 shows a week at that time, some run by me and some run by people I hired to run them) that we would be gone for a week and a half for our honeymoon. (I won't even mention the fact that I had not had a day off in 8 years except following a near fatal car accident. BUT, as soon as I could walk with a cane, I was back running shows) All of the bar owners came to our wedding and reception. We were SOOOOOOOO happy. Then we went on our honeymoon. When we came back, another company had gone in and taken 4 of our shows by only charging $50 a night.(Two of the shows, we'd been running for 3 years!!!!)  He had (has) a lousy selection, most of which is illegally burned, a lousy sound system, NO personality and he drinks to the point of excess at ALL of the shows. BUT, as I was informed by the club owners who switched to HIS karaoke, business is business and if they can pay $50 for the "same thing" I was doing for $150 to $175, they HAD to do it. SAME THING????? SAME THING????? Hmmmmmmm... I HAVE a personality, I DO NOT drink at my shows, we have the second largest selection in our area (OR THE largest LEGAL selection), a GREAT sound system that we all actually know how to use, and they think it is the SAME THING???? Anyway...bottom line, I regret ever leaving for my honeymoon. Sooooo, what SHOULD have been one of the happiest times of my life became a bad memory for me. For all we do every night (we have shows every night an TWO on Mondays), for all of the ads we pay for and newsletters we mail out and all of the crap we have to put up with and for the lawyer (I love you Bob) I had to hire to make contracts, NO...I do NOT get paid enough and then, to top it off, any yahoo with a CDG player and a burner can come in and take my already established show (how hard is that? build a show from scratch!!!) for a fee that isn't even enough to pay my set up guy. (Geez, I am beginning to sound bitter....tee hee) KJ's are NOT paid enough for all they have to go through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 5:09 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Got a recommendation for you or anyone else that runs into this problem:

Set up a venue right across the street from your undercutter. Even if it's a special one-night only! Run it at NO cost if you have to! But enough to where you bring your OLD customers over for the night.

DJ/KJ wars often settle the "same thing" arguement over and over. Some venues even allow it to happen IN the same bar... For an hour or two, one guy runs his set up... then the "other person" runs theirs later. Believe me, if you have customers that give a dang, they'll tell the owners who did the best!

I DO get tired of the "Same Thing" bit from owners. But when you can SHOW them it's NOT the same thing, some will listen.

I was undercut not too long ago. Pissed me off royally!! BUT I kept my cool, and within three months, the manager at least called me back to say that they had made a mistake. Wanted to know if I would consider coming back. I told them that if something happened to my excellent gig I was at NOW, I would look them up. They asked me AGAIN if I was very happy there, and even offered to go up to the salary I was asking for (I wanted to go up 25 whole dollars more to $175, and they went with the undercutter!). I said that would be the first notch in the tree... that I wouldn't come back unless this was put down in paper. BUT that I was very happy where I was at, and despite only working one night a week there, I was going to STAY where I was at!

Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 5:53 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Sad story indeed revengee. Sad but true, this is life in the big city. It's like a lion tamer throwing one slab of steak into a cage full of lions.

The fact of the matter is that most of these establishment owners end up letting greed control their decisions and eventually stop having Karaoke all together.

The thing I find funny is the fact that you and others only charge $100 to $150 a night and were under cut by someone willing to do it for $50. Can you image if you were trying to charge $300 to $350 like so many others at these online forums claim to be getting?

I think Michael V. hit the nail on the head when he said Karaoke needs to be organized. KJ's need to have access to some sort of industry union.

Gary  :crazy:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 10:50 am 
Here is my theory on the whole matter: You get what you pay for. If you want an idiot to come in and "push buttons" that's what you're going to get for your $50, and your bar isn't even going to make enough to cover costs for the night. If you want a high energy show that draws in people and generates money for the bar...then suprise...you have to be willing to pay for it. It isn't rocket science...yet bar owners and managers seem to think it is.

I've been a host for over 2 years now, and more than the money, I value the respect that I get from the places that I work. I am finally at a point where I work 6 nights a week (because I love it) have a very large following and all of my managers & owners respect me and treat me well. I love my job and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Michelle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 4:23 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

I know the feeling, as I took the ONLY vacation time off in my 5+ years to cruise with my parents and family, also a first. I was gone 5 days and missed 2 shows, canceled on night. Someone who called himself a friend got a machine and a few discs and was telling people he was doing our shows. My clubs told me no, get someone already in the biz with experience and more music. As one night was on a Friday I had few choices available. I found a company and this person was angry at ME! He has done all he can against us, and I feel he was a reason the local karaoke store went berserk. Since they told me at the same time not to come into their stores as I was supposed to know what I had done?

(Yes this is the same store that was angry when a visiting KJ asked in their store where and when my shows were as they were in town. I wasn't there soliciting business we had been talking over discs).

I promptly took their store off my web page over (9 months ago when this all started and continues to worsen without reason as I have NO contact with these people), I quit referring people to their store and I made no further purchases there. This was their decision, which they now are unhappy with the results as I now refer people elsewhere.

I have NEVER bad mouthed other KJ's as we all share singers, but they do this while claiming online that they don't. People have gone into their store unaware of the proprietors' ire and those customers have suffered very bad treatment and remarks from them.

People who have nothing to do with karaoke and who have had dealings with them have been berated for dealing or knowing people who have contact with STAR KARAOKE. These people have tried defaming my shows yet they have NEVER been to ONE.

I run my shows not worrying what someone else is doing, only that I am doing my job in consistently pulling in a buying crowd, and keeping them happy. I have had people do that, I have a large following so many want me if other shows decide to make a change. People notice that business drops way off when I leave. As Matt said take a job nearby if you can but NEVER for free! Just take your following with you and let KJ BOZO build his own if he/she/it can (read between the lines there). I have a favorite saying for clubs that feel that way about the kind of cheap shows they hire, "BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR, YOU JUST MIGHT GET IT!"

No matter what happens take the high road, you will win out in the end. Business ethics are a bankable asset.

Edited By StarKaraoke on Nov. 23 2002 at 04:41

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 4:39 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

It appears that as Karaoke People from different Countries we all have quite a few things in comon. As i read the posts it is as if i am talking and reading about things that concern me. I had one show at a venue a couple of weeks ago I hired a girl I know to help me out as I had 3 shows that night. The manager called me during the week to let me know that he didnt think we worked out, I knew that this wasnt true, I always do an excellent job. Well i went to have a look w weeks later and the (@$%&#!) was doing my show. I pride myself on being professional but when she smiled at me when I walked in I lost it,  I walked over to her and then she said, Hi how are you, well I'll give you how are you - punched her in the face went to the bar for a drink and got evicted half way through a rum and coke. But It was me who was walked out with a smile. Now the moral of the story is Violence doesnt solve anything, but I felt really good.

Michelle  :0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 4:55 am 
None of us got into this business to get rich  ???  I think the majority of us got into this because we love music and we love to watch people have a great time at our shows. It saddens me sometimes when I have to deal with this B.S.  :(

There shouldn't be people undercutting each other...we should all be working together to make this business better and more exciting everyday. I hate the fact that if I get a private party, or for goodness sakes, decide to take a vacation, I don't trust anyone enough to cover my shows. Even though I don't think the clubs I work for would go to someone who under cut me...I would hate to put them in that position. We should all be a tight network that can call on each other when needed. There are a few KJs in my area that I really respect and trust, other than that, I always watch my back...and that my friends, is very sad. :(

So if you go back to the original question - do I get paid enough to do this? I get paid enough to put on a show every night...I don't get paid enough to deal with other wannabe KJs trying to destroy the business that so many of us have worked hard to create.

Michelle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 5:02 am 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Well Michelle its nice to have another Michelle on the site it appears that all great Michelle's think alike.

Look forward to talking to you later.
Michelle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 5:23 am 
So true Michelle...so true  :p

Michelle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 6:29 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Here is a very sad PS that I I found on site today, much of which appeared after the local NBC affiliate featured my company locally all day Wednesday, October 23rd! Those who have read my posts over the years know how I operate and what a crock this is. This is worse than I thought it was, and regrettably may require further different action. I think it is a great boon for the singers if when anyone adds 31,000 more songs to their library . The fun part will be learning the library but it can be done.

For anyone who has read my posts I don't solicit I don't need to, people have asked for my card at shows and I AM discrete when pressed, but I have not been to their shows by any of the various KJ's they have employed in well over a year, one of their KJ's is a very old and dear friend. I t would be a  diservice to lie and say there is no wait to sing at my shows. In so many posts online testify that I have many a 2 round night with over 40 different people over that time at 14 to 15 singers an hour and my only opening the show. These people have never even been to ONE of my shows.

Also I have posted that I use quips adult entertainment in the night clubs and differs with the audience, never using foul language which you know I have posted around the net I do NOT allow. I have posted that I do promotional givaways like all good businesses. I did a disc giveaway 2 months to those updating contact info as I drew names from 2 of the nights at my 3 night a week giveaway in Spetember and October.

I do not refer business to them any longer by their own wishes, nor list them on my web site, nor buy from them. I now send people to various online dealers that I use. For my following my THEIR wishes they are angry.

I do think that people are giving them a hard time wanting them to hold to the same show standards I ad here to for myself. All shows are different. It is the customer who makes THEIR desires known, it is not I who am causing them grief. I hope that is not the case, but the tenor of their angst points in that direction.

I have edited the copy to protect their right to privacy of their identities as those around the country would not know who these locals are(this is posted readily available and public information online):

Image  Image  Image  Image  Image  Image  Image  Image  Image  Image  Image  Image

One of the store owner's names
KARAOKE DJ - MOBILE, AL
Billed as (COMPANT/STORE NAME) , my husband HIS NAME and I have been in the karaoke business serving the Alabama Gulf Coast since 1991. We (edited in) NOW CLAIM TO have one of the largest music repertoires, (now over 36,000 different songs) with all the newest releases and the latest state of the art equipment for the best sound in this part of the country. We provide intelligent lighting for one of the most spectacular, exciting and mood setting shows you will ever see. We own the local karaoke retail sales & rental store, ( NAME ), so you can always expect the newest releases will be in our books first.

NEW BOOKS WITH ALL YOUR FAVORITE NEW SONGS IN ALL OUR VENUES

TWO COMPLETE SYSTEMS WITH NOW OVER 36,000 SONGS IN EACH. NOTHING DIVIDED UP BETWEEN SHOWS, TWO COMPLETE 36,000 SONG SYSTEMS. AND THAT'S RIGHT, MOSTLY SOUND CHOICE DISCS, THE MOST EXPENSIVE, CLOSEST TO THE ORIGINAL TRACKS YOU WILL FIND ANYWHERE. THE LATEST STATE OF THE ART EQUIPMENT AND LIGHTING FOR THE BEST SOUND AND VISUAL SHOW ON THE GULF COAST.

WE DON'T GIVE AWAY FREEBIES TO DRAW A CROWD TO OUR SHOWS. WE NEVER USE VULGARITY AT OUR SHOWS AND WE DON'T TALK BAD ABOUT OUR COMPETITORS. WE DON'T ALLOW PEOPLE TO CAUSE TROUBLE AT OUR SHOWS OR IN OUR KARAOKE RETAIL STORE, WE BOOT THEM OUT THE DOOR IF THEY BECOME A PROBLEM AND ASK THEM NOT TO COME BACK. WE HAVE A FIRST CLASS CLIENTELE AND WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO EXPERIENCE A FIRST CLASS SHOW. WE PROVIDE THE BEST MUSIC SELECTION IN MOBILE'S FINEST VENUES FOR HOURS OF THE MOST NONSTOP FUN YOU WILL FIND ANYWHERE. ONLY EXPERIENCED, WELL DRESSED AND FAIR KJ's WORK FOR (STORE/COMPANY name).

WE ARE GOING INTO OUR 13th YEAR IN THE KARAOKE BUSINESS. COME CHECK US OUT AND YOU WILL SEE WHY WE ARE STILL THE NUMBER 1 KARAOKE SHOW ON THE ALABAMA GULF COAST WITH 5 SHOWS WEEKLY PLUS PRIVATE PARTIES! SING WITH THE REST, THEN COME SING WITH THE BEST!

You can catch (Company/Store Name) for the 9th year at Mobile, AL. 36608 (251) 000-0000
TUESDAYS - 9 : 00PM
WEDNESDAYS - 9 : 30PM
THURSDAYS - 9 : 00PM

FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL (COMPANY/STORE name & number)

You can also catch (COMPANY/STORE NAME) at THE  in downtown Mobile, AL. on Thursday nights. We will be doing non-stop karaoke with no DJ music but if you get the dance bug, you can always go to their dance club upstairs.

THURSDAYS 10 : 30pm until

THE  in Daphne, AL.

FRIDAY's 8 : 00 pm UNTIL

Come visit for a friendly atmosphere, a cold drink, a great view of Mobile Bay and a lot of great singing. Thank you for visiting my website. Check back often for updates.

THERE ARE LOTS OF OTHER GREAT SHOWS AND KJ's IN TOWN WHICH WE CONSIDER FAIR AND HONEST COMPETITION. BUT THERE IS ONE COMPANY CLAIMING TO BE THE LARGEST IN MOBILE, BASED ON BODYWEIGHT I GUESS. THEY CLAIM TO HAVE SEVERAL UNITS BUT ALL UNITS ARE ALWAYS AT ONE SHOW. ONE WONDERS WHY ADVERTISE 3 UNITS IF YOU ONLY HAVE 1 SHOW NIGHTLY. (STORE/COMPANY NAME) EDITED ADDITION-NOWHAS TWO COMPLETE 36,000 SONG SYSTEMS. THERE ARE CONSTANT DIGS MADE TOWARDS (STORE/COMPANY NAME), HOWEVER, WE SOLD THIS COMPANY THEIR FIRST KARAOKE SYSTEM AND DISCS AND EVEN SET THEIR SOUND EQUIPMENT FOR THEIR FIRST GIG. OVERNIGHT, THIS COMPANY KNEW EVERYTHING THERE WAS TO KNOW ABOUT RUNNING A KARAOKE BUSINESS. WE DON'T EVEN CONSIDER THIS COMPANY COMPETITION AS THEY SOLICITED OUR CUSTOMERS RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSES WITH THEIR BUSINESS CARDS AT ONE OF OUR SHOWS SEVERAL DIFFERENT TIMES AND TOLD CUSTOMERS THEY WOULD NOT HAVE TO WAIT SO LONG TO SING IF THEY CAME TO THEIR SHOW. WE RECENTLY ASKED THIS COMPANY TO LEAVE OUR KARAOKE RETAIL STORE AND NOT COME BACK FOR BASICALLY THE SAME REASON. AGAIN, WITH MULTIPLE WARNINGS ON SEVERAL DIFFERENT OCCASIONS. IF YOU WANT TO ADVERTISE, SPEND SOME MONEY LIKE THE OVERHEAD WE DO AND DO YOUR OWN ADVERTISING. DON'T DO IT AT ANOTHER KJ's EXPENSE. TACKY, TACKY. THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE LAUGHING AND TALKING ABOUT THIS COMPANY BEHIND THEIR BACKS BECAUSE THEY HAVE MADE SO MANY ENEMIES ALONG THE WAY. IF YOU WANT TO MEASURE YOUR SUCCESS BY HOW MANY ENEMIES YOU HAVE, YOU DEFINITELY HAVE THE KEY TO YOUR SUCCESS IN YOUR OWN HANDS. WHATEVER WORKS FOR YOU. DON'T FLATTER YOURSELF THINKING THAT KARAOKE FEVER HAS A GREEN EYED MONSTER FOR YOU AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. WE ARE IN THIS BUSINESS BECAUSE WE HAVE FUN DOING IT. WE HAVE NEVER BEEN OUT TO HURT ANYONE AT ANYTIME BUT WE ARE NOT GOING TO LET ANYONE RUN OVER US OR BADMOUTH OUR GOOD NAME WHICH WE HAVE SPENT MANY LONG YEARS BUILDING AND LOTS OF MONEY TRADEMARKING. I SUGGEST YOU DON'T TYPE OUR NAME ON ANY WEBSITES IN THE FUTURE. WE HAVE COPIES OF EVERYTHING THAT HAS BEEN POSTED ON THE INTERNET ABOUT US BY YOU. EVEN IF IT HAS BEEN REMOVED, WE'VE GOT COPIES BEFORE IT WAS REMOVED. THINK ABOUT IT. NOW WHO IS REALLY JEALOUS? (STORE/COMPANY NAME) HAS BUILT A VERY LARGE FOLLOWING OVER THE YEARS AT SOME OF THE FINEST VENUES IN OUR GREAT CITY. OUR CUSTOMERS HAVE COME TO KNOW THEY WILL HAVE TO WAIT TO SING, BUT GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Links:
(LINKED SITE NAME NOT POSTED)
SOUND CHOICE
KARAOKE.DJ.NET
MOTOWN MUSIC FORUM
Mouse over News to Stop
Click on Story for Link
Submit News to Ticker  
Music/Artists *Links to  Discographies  RealAudio  Audio  Video  Concert Info
ARETHA FRANKLIN  SHERYL  CROW  BONNIE  RAITT  FRANK SINATRA
CHER  MADONNA  STING  KID ROCK
ArtistAlbum TitleSong TitleRecord Label    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email:
Location (Links to MapQuest! ) : MOBILE AL
Phone:
You are visitor 587 (1 Today, 22 This Week) to my Personal Home Page
My Web Page Stats  Top 50 DJ Pages  DJ Search  Random DJ Page
Page last updated Saturday, November 23, 2002 by