KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Where to download Karaoke Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:06 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
sbi and selecta track... I've bought them in download, and loved them. Uber quick and efficient!

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:47 pm 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 294 times
Lonman, just out of curiousity, do you have a special reason for buying cdg from SelectATrack instead of just downloading the MP3s?

I like them also and find that even with the shipping from overseas they aren't that expensive as far as customs go.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:17 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
killintime @ Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:45 pm wrote:
Thanks guys for the links i am still wanting Empty glass by Gary Stewart i cant beleive not one of those had it is their a cd that anyone knows of that has it ? Or is it with Karaoke sometimes it is just plain not available?

AFAIK 'An Empty Glass' has not been licensed for Karaoke. I've researched the subject as well and have found that only five of Gary Stewarts songs have been licensed for Karaoke and they are:

She's Actin' Single (I'm Drinkin' Doubles)
Drinkin' Thing
Out Of Hand
Quits
Your Place Or Mine

I found these five over at Amazon.com a while back in MP3 format and downloaded them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:57 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
leopard lizard @ Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:47 pm wrote:
Lonman, just out of curiousity, do you have a special reason for buying cdg from SelectATrack instead of just downloading the MP3s?

I like them also and find that even with the shipping from overseas they aren't that expensive as far as customs go.

I simply prefer to have the physical disc in possession - if for some reason the computer craps out & a backup isn't available, I can still run the show with the discs if need be and have all the music that I still have on my hard drive without having to make an excuse - oh sorry that was a download & the computer isn't working now. I don't bring a backup computer to the show - since i'm stationary, the discs are always on site.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:42 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
Karaoke-singles are pirates. They have Canadian manufacturers on there who have not given them any authorization and will be taking action.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:49 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 160 times
Lonman @ June 15th 2009, 4:57 pm wrote:

I simply prefer to have the physical disc in possession - if for some reason the computer craps out & a backup isn't available, I can still run the show with the discs if need be and have all the music that I still have on my hard drive without having to make an excuse - oh sorry that was a download & the computer isn't working now. I don't bring a backup computer to the show - since i'm stationary, the discs are always on site.

Lonnie? It's just as easy to burn a disc from your downloaded files as it is to rip the tracks from the actual disc to your hard drive so why would you want to wait until it was shipped to you instead of getting it immediately?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:39 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
BruceFan4Life @ Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:49 pm wrote:
Lonman @ June 15th 2009, 4:57 pm wrote:

Lonnie? It's just as easy to burn a disc from your downloaded files as it is to rip the tracks from the actual disc to your hard drive so why would you want to wait until it was shipped to you instead of getting it immediately?

I like originals - even though they are still burns, they come from the manu creating it. Just a preference.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:41 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
Just got word back, all three Canadian manufacturers are consulting their attorneys to take action against karaoke-singles.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:36 am 

I can't believe nobody has mentioned omegasound.com !
They are kind-of expensive, but they will make the song any length you want, any key you want, etc. They also have a large catelogue of songs that they don't even advetise on their site!

I've baught from them on several occasions, and i also get the rest of my downloads either from karaoke-version.com or I-Tunes. They have a suprizingly good selection, plus a bunch of acoustic karaokes as well!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:28 pm 

I have been searching the web for places to download karaoke songs, which have been licensed and are legally created by the companies selling them. I came across this forum in my search, and went through all the replies in the thread, but noticed that the last one was from 2009.

I guess it's possible this forum has become inactive over time, but figured I would reply just in case there are still some KDJ's hanging around. Our company currently uses Karaoke-Version.com and Sunfly for downloads. Thanks to this thread I know not to use Buykaraokedownloads.com which is one of the current sites I have been looking into.

I will now research the others I came across in this thread, but seeing as it has been 7 years since the last reply, I was wondering if anyone had any updates? Once again, our company only uses legal, licensed songs, so those are the kinds of sites we are looking for.

Thanks for reading and for any input you may have. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:20 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 99 times
Sassi Singer wrote:
I have been searching the web for places to download karaoke songs, which have been licensed and are legally created by the companies selling them. I came across this forum in my search, and went through all the replies in the thread, but noticed that the last one was from 2009.

I guess it's possible this forum has become inactive over time, but figured I would reply just in case there are still some KDJ's hanging around. Our company currently uses Karaoke-Version.com and Sunfly for downloads. Thanks to this thread I know not to use Buykaraokedownloads.com which is one of the current sites I have been looking into.

I will now research the others I came across in this thread, but seeing as it has been 7 years since the last reply, I was wondering if anyone had any updates? Once again, our company only uses legal, licensed songs, so those are the kinds of sites we are looking for.

Thanks for reading and for any input you may have. :)

iCroons.com is a good search engine that contains links to download songs from legal sites that are accessible from the U.S. It no longer catalogs sites that are illegal or blocking U.S. residents. It also has links to some stuff that's only on disc and a semi-decent archive list for stuff that's no longer made, but it at least gives you DiscIDs so you can then search elsewhere.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:42 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1672 times
Welcome & kudos to you & your company for staying current & legal.

Another website for legal downloads gaining popularity here is: https://www.karaoke.net/songshop/cat/
They now have a tremendous amount of downloads in their library - updated regularly.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:00 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 5 times
I have purchased some stuff from karaoke.net. The videos they have for purchase are descent quality and could be better. They don't offer HD videos for download which I think they should. :(