KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - dbx DriveRack Speaker Optimizer - PA or PX? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:11 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
jeffsw6 @ Thu May 28, 2009 9:29 am wrote:
I have scared a few bar patrons with that, too, though not as dramatically as Bill H!

I'm going to finish this story because there's more! :D

After the power went out, it didn't stay pitch black in there for long. Almost as soon as the screams subsided, the club took on this cold blue glow.

You guessed it. Everyone was activating their cell phones.

Initially people were calling out. But it didn't take long to realize that we could illuminate the whole bar with these things. So people were setting them out on tables like candles, or holding them up in the air like they were at a concert.

Now this club is pretty dimly lit anyway. So it really wasn't much worse than normal in there. Except everything looked blue. But it was easy to see your way around.

I was just about ready to call it when the power came back on. Naturally I had forgot to turn the power amps off, so the whole PA came on at once. But since the DRPA doesn't thump when turned on, it was fairly silent.

I was disc based back then so we were up and running in no time.

If I had been a member of this forum back then, I would have been talking about it for at least a week. :mrgreen:

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:25 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Songs: 1
Been Liked: 53 times
wildfins, just a question? Did you get your K10's yet? How do they sound?

The reason I'm asking is, I'm thinking about getting a pair of these K10's, too. Either to use it as monitors for bigger setups, or as stand alone PA for smaller rooms.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:16 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
[quote="RLC"]Here is an intertesting read on the PX. http://www.performing-musician.com/pm/o ... rackpx.htm

If you are running a sub(s) be sure and read the part about Sub control and how the PX allows for complete control of what is sent to your Tops and what is sent to your sub(s) although not a true crossover it does the job very nicely, and if your tops are biamped...better yet.[/quote]

hey i wondering how i could setup my drive rack pa plus to work with my powered speakers