KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Sound Choice 8393 Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

   
  * Login
  * Register

  * FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks


premium-member

Offsite Links


It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Sound Choice 8393
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:43 am 
Offline
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:12 pm
Posts: 299
Been Liked: 0 time
Just wondering what tracks on this disc make it a highly sought after disc. Any pros out there know which are the killer deleted tracks that can't be got anywhere else.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Sound Choice 8393
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:55 am 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:24 pm
Posts: 5571
Songs: 1
Location: Cincy and Cocoa Beach
Been Liked: 117 times
classickaraoke @ Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:43 pm wrote:
Just wondering what tracks on this disc make it a highly sought after disc. Any pros out there know which are the killer deleted tracks that can't be got anywhere else.

Is it sought after? By who? I have never heard any of those songs sung more than once, if that.

_________________
[color=#ffff55]Mickey J.[/color]
Alas for those who never sing, but die with all their music in them.
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Sound Choice 8393
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:57 am 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 21646
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 1630 times
I don't know if it is really 'sought' after by enthusiests except for the fact that it's discontinued only. I've only had a couple songs on it that actually get done semi regular.
Most of the tracks are still available on their custom site.
Not available
Don't Expect Me To Be Your Friend - Lobo
Hold The Line - Toto
If ANyone Falls - Stevie Nicks
Oooh Child - 5 Stairsteps

Except for Hold The Line, and the rare Lobo being played, none of these were critical to the disc anyway.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Sound Choice 8393
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:45 pm 
Offline
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:12 pm
Posts: 299
Been Liked: 0 time
Thanks all,

Not worth dropping $50 on ebay for then!

- Jonn


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Sound Choice 8393
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:54 pm 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:12 pm
Posts: 5046
Been Liked: 334 times
No, not worth $50. BTW- Hold The Line is available elswhere. Like Lon says, it's probably because it's discontinued. I have gotten ridiculous offers for SC8300 "Commemorative Disc", and it's nothing special either. :?

_________________
"No Contests, No Divas, Just A Good Time!"

" Disc based and loving it..."


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Sound Choice 8393
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:28 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 21646
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 1630 times
JoeChartreuse @ Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:54 pm wrote:
No, not worth $50. BTW- Hold The Line is available elswhere. Like Lon says, it's probably because it's discontinued. I have gotten ridiculous offers for SC8300 "Commemorative Disc", and it's nothing special either. :?


Actually this one was more of a collector piece than the 8393 simply because there were several 'no-no' artists on it at the time like the Rolling Stones, Doors, Simon & Garfunkel, Five Man Electrical Band. It was discontinued originally for certain songs on it. It was later re-released as 8467 with cuts of certain songs & addition of new ones. I believe that disc is now discontinued as well.
This disc actually gets used QUITE a bit at my show.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Sound Choice 8393
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:17 pm 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:12 pm
Posts: 5046
Been Liked: 334 times
Lonman @ Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:28 pm wrote:
JoeChartreuse @ Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:54 pm wrote:
No, not worth $50. BTW- Hold The Line is available elswhere. Like Lon says, it's probably because it's discontinued. I have gotten ridiculous offers for SC8300 "Commemorative Disc", and it's nothing special either. :?


Actually this one was more of a collector piece than the 8393 simply because there were several 'no-no' artists on it at the time like the Rolling Stones, Doors, Simon & Garfunkel, Five Man Electrical Band. It was discontinued originally for certain songs on it. It was later re-released as 8467 with cuts of certain songs & addition of new ones. I believe that disc is now discontinued as well.
This disc actually gets used QUITE a bit at my show.


Virtually the ONLY time I get a call for this disc (SC8300) is for "I Hate Myself (For Lovin' You). Otherwise.....

_________________
"No Contests, No Divas, Just A Good Time!"

" Disc based and loving it..."


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Sound Choice 8393
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:20 am 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:22 pm
Posts: 1128
Location: Athens, GA
Been Liked: 4 times
Lonman @ Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:57 pm wrote:
I don't know if it is really 'sought' after by enthusiests except for the fact that it's discontinued only. I've only had a couple songs on it that actually get done semi regular.
Most of the tracks are still available on their custom site.
Not available
Don't Expect Me To Be Your Friend - Lobo
Hold The Line - Toto
If ANyone Falls - Stevie Nicks
Oooh Child - 5 Stairsteps

Except for Hold The Line, and the rare Lobo being played, none of these were critical to the disc anyway.


It looks like the above tracks can be found for download at karaoke-singles and it looks like that is a legit site as it is now working under UK laws since Soundchoice moved overseas.

Many Soundchoice disks either had limited contracts for number of copies of a song that could be made, and those contracts (with the songwriters) could not be renewed or had other problems. If anything Sound Choice appears to have put the greatest effort into following the law on their songs sold. That has created some shortages of disks.


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Sound Choice 8393
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:02 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 21646
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 1630 times
Dr Fred @ Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:20 am wrote:
Lonman @ Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:57 pm wrote:
I don't know if it is really 'sought' after by enthusiests except for the fact that it's discontinued only. I've only had a couple songs on it that actually get done semi regular.
Most of the tracks are still available on their custom site.
Not available
Don't Expect Me To Be Your Friend - Lobo
Hold The Line - Toto
If ANyone Falls - Stevie Nicks
Oooh Child - 5 Stairsteps

Except for Hold The Line, and the rare Lobo being played, none of these were critical to the disc anyway.


It looks like the above tracks can be found for download at karaoke-singles and it looks like that is a legit site as it is now working under UK laws since Soundchoice moved overseas.

Many Soundchoice disks either had limited contracts for number of copies of a song that could be made, and those contracts (with the songwriters) could not be renewed or had other problems. If anything Sound Choice appears to have put the greatest effort into following the law on their songs sold. That has created some shortages of disks.

But Sound Choice own custom site is also over seas & those songs are not available, if it was a contract regarding how many copies could be sold - then, why would they authorize songs to another site & not their own?

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Sound Choice 8393
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:04 pm 
Offline
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2002 2:40 am
Posts: 7468
Location: Kansas City, MO
Been Liked: 1 time
Dr Fred @ Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:20 am wrote:
Lonman @ Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:57 pm wrote:
I don't know if it is really 'sought' after by enthusiests except for the fact that it's discontinued only. I've only had a couple songs on it that actually get done semi regular.
Most of the tracks are still available on their custom site.
Not available
Don't Expect Me To Be Your Friend - Lobo
Hold The Line - Toto
If ANyone Falls - Stevie Nicks
Oooh Child - 5 Stairsteps

Except for Hold The Line, and the rare Lobo being played, none of these were critical to the disc anyway.


It looks like the above tracks can be found for download at karaoke-singles and it looks like that is a legit site as it is now working under UK laws since Soundchoice moved overseas.

Many Soundchoice disks either had limited contracts for number of copies of a song that could be made, and those contracts (with the songwriters) could not be renewed or had other problems. If anything Sound Choice appears to have put the greatest effort into following the law on their songs sold. That has created some shortages of disks.
karaoke-singles apparently is NOT a valid site... SC edited one of their threads recently and deleted a post that mentioned it. Yet they won't do that for the ones I know are legal sites to get them from, such as mycdg.com


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Sound Choice 8393
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:09 pm 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 21646
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 1630 times
knightshow @ Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:04 pm wrote:
Dr Fred @ Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:20 am wrote:
Lonman @ Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:57 pm wrote:
I don't know if it is really 'sought' after by enthusiests except for the fact that it's discontinued only. I've only had a couple songs on it that actually get done semi regular.
Most of the tracks are still available on their custom site.
Not available
Don't Expect Me To Be Your Friend - Lobo
Hold The Line - Toto
If ANyone Falls - Stevie Nicks
Oooh Child - 5 Stairsteps

Except for Hold The Line, and the rare Lobo being played, none of these were critical to the disc anyway.


It looks like the above tracks can be found for download at karaoke-singles and it looks like that is a legit site as it is now working under UK laws since Soundchoice moved overseas.

Many Soundchoice disks either had limited contracts for number of copies of a song that could be made, and those contracts (with the songwriters) could not be renewed or had other problems. If anything Sound Choice appears to have put the greatest effort into following the law on their songs sold. That has created some shortages of disks.
karaoke-singles apparently is NOT a valid site... SC edited one of their threads recently and deleted a post that mentioned it. Yet they won't do that for the ones I know are legal sites to get them from, such as mycdg.com

Yeah I brought that up in another thread, completely forgot about that.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Sound Choice 8393
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:48 pm 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:52 pm
Posts: 225
Songs: 13
Images: 15
Location: Buffalo, NY
Been Liked: 33 times
Hey guys, sorry for bringing back such an old thread. I need to know something... this disc (SC 8393), is it a "70s & 80s" Spotlight disc? I could've sworn I had this disc, but I can't find it in my collection. It's easier to sort through the 70s & 80s discs than the "pop hits" ones.

Also, Stingray Music... they own the Sound Choice catalog now, right? I used to be able to download Sound Choice karaoke tracks (mp3 audio only, no graphics) from Amazon for $.99. But now I can't find them there! Also, there's a website called "The Karaoke Channel store" which sells the Stingray music songs in download format (available both with and without graphics) and I've bought some tracks there as well. However, my most recent visit showed that they didn't have ANY songs by The Cars (I'm looking for "Let's Go" from 8393).

Did something change? Was Stingray music bought out or something? Are there new laws in place? Thanks for any info!

Here's the Stingray Music website. Their Queen songs are listed as "new releases" which I found odd. Thanks!


https://karaoke.stingray.com/browse/featured/nil/all


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Sound Choice 8393
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:12 am 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:32 pm
Posts: 796
Location: So. Cal
Been Liked: 68 times
Good luck finding the SC disc but while I can't vouch for the quality (while discontinued but not that hard to find) it's also on DM103 (and personally I don't think Doctor Music was that bad).


Top
 Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Sound Choice 8393
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:40 am 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 21646
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 1630 times
Mark Cheetah wrote:
Hey guys, sorry for bringing back such an old thread. I need to know something... this disc (SC 8393), is it a "70s & 80s" Spotlight disc? I could've sworn I had this disc, but I can't find it in my collection. It's easier to sort through the 70s & 80s discs than the "pop hits" ones.

Also, Stingray Music... they own the Sound Choice catalog now, right? I used to be able to download Sound Choice karaoke tracks (mp3 audio only, no graphics) from Amazon for $.99. But now I can't find them there! Also, there's a website called "The Karaoke Channel store" which sells the Stingray music songs in download format (available both with and without graphics) and I've bought some tracks there as well. However, my most recent visit showed that they didn't have ANY songs by The Cars (I'm looking for "Let's Go" from 8393).

Did something change? Was Stingray music bought out or something? Are there new laws in place? Thanks for any info!

Here's the Stingray Music website. Their Queen songs are listed as "new releases" which I found odd. Thanks!


https://karaoke.stingray.com/browse/featured/nil/all

Cars are on the no fly list which is probably why the downloads aren't available.
The Queen songs, maybe they renewed the licenses to allow them again?? Speculation!

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Sound Choice 8393
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:41 am 
Offline
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:57 pm
Posts: 21646
Songs: 35
Images: 3
Location: Tacoma, WA
Been Liked: 1630 times
KarenB wrote:
Good luck finding the SC disc but while I can't vouch for the quality (while discontinued but not that hard to find) it's also on DM103 (and personally I don't think Doctor Music was that bad).
Dr Music isn't great and Let's Go wasn't a 'diamond in the rough' track from them, not very good.

_________________
LIKE Lonman on Facebook - Lonman Productions Karaoke & my main site via my profile!
Image


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
 Post subject: Re: Sound Choice 8393
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:48 pm 
Offline
Senior Poster
Senior Poster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:52 pm
Posts: 225
Songs: 13
Images: 15
Location: Buffalo, NY
Been Liked: 33 times
Thanks for the replies!

I already have the Dr. Music disc... I bought it a long time ago. It's not great, but I've definitely heard worse, lol.

I had a feeling that The Cars' songs were prohibited because I'm having such a hard time finding them. Thanks for the help!


Top
 Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sanj and 91 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Privacy Policy | Anti-Spam Policy | Acceptable Use Policy Copyright © Karaoke Scene Magazine
design & hosting by Cross Web Tech