KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Hello - New to this board. Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:37 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 2 times
Hello:

New to the site. My wife Brenda Lu is the karaoke enthusiast. I'm the computer savy one and am better at researching so I am in charge of purchasing/replacing equipment for her and buying the music. She started out playing around with a $50-$100 all in one machine that she got for Christmas. She won a contest at a Country Music Festival and that sealed the deal. She was hooked for life.

The Walmart player was replaced with a RSQ JBox which included the Player, amp, speaker box, mic, and fist full of CDGs. OTD price of $620.

I like the player and the speaker box actually sounds a lot better than expected. As the wife is a CNA she decided to sing for the residents at the assisted living home where she works. They loved it (and her). A few letters, business cards and a many more CDs later she has booking with nearly 25 retirement, nursing, and assisted living homes. Her system on a budget (she does not do this to make money) has worked great for her and it has led to requests for private parties, and even a few gigs at different bars.

In order to play the bar gigs I picked up a new pair of BMB-CS500 speakers and stands for a firesale price off ebay (probably not the best choice). They have done the job none the less. I also picked up another (refurbished) RSQ KA-2000 amp as a backup. She ended up needing to use it while the first was replaced under warranty (one mic channel blown).

She is now about to seal the deal on two steady gigs that will bring in some money so it is time to purchase more reliable and better equipment. I bought a pair of Mackie SRM350s yesterday for a price I thought must be a mistake. $299 ea with free shipping from MF! I almost want to pick up another for an extra or a monitor at that price!

Next, I belive a mixer is in order. I've pretty much narrowed it down to the Mackie 1202-VLZ3 and Yahmaha MG124CX and am leaning towards the Yahmaha due to mic compression and built in effects.

Wife is happy with the RSQ E500 player which has builtin key change. Single disc is kind of a pain though.

Also shopping for decent mics (and a good one for her)- cordless and corded. Probably stick to the standard SM58 style. The cheap cordless mics are the only ones that come out after about 11pm at the club she plays near the college campus:)

Would greatly appreciate ANY input, suggestions, or crticisms from the rest out on this board. Previous purchases were good lessons and not too painful, would like to limit them going forward though.

kona

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:49 am 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Been Liked: 0 time
Hey Kona - First of all welcome to the site.

I'm hoping Jian (moderator) posts this in the Discussion or tech forum for you , so you can get better answers to your questions. If not try asking in the other forums. May I also suggest asking one question at a time. :D

Added: Moved to tech forum

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:39 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 2 times
Hello Babs.

Board requires first post in this forum so I threw it all out there more for background. I will post questions in the tech forum as you suggest.

Thanks!

-kona

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:06 pm 
Super Extreme
Super Extreme

Hi Kona (love the name)

I just see to many people's questions get lost in the newbie area. People are really very helpful here, but they don't always come into this area. Godd luck ! :D

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:43 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Ok. I bump this up.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:52 pm 

[quote="Kona D"]Hello: We are entertaining for 45 years first with instruments with midi in the 80's, since the millennium we use karaoke tracks or instrumental tracks. We use a laptop and 14" screen as a monitor screen. When playing in bars etc. we can connect to their video system. The advantage of a laptop with host software you can setup everything in a playlist like key change, tempo etc. There are many software companies who sell software players. We use Tricerasoft Elite 4.0 and works perfect with Win 8.1. You can use remote or set it to full auto. Good Luck!

Alie and John

New to the site. My wife Brenda Lu is the karaoke enthusiast. I'm the computer savy one and am better at researching so I am in charge of purchasing/replacing equipment for her and buying the music. She started out playing around with a $50-$100 all in one machine that she got for Christmas. She won a contest at a Country Music Festival and that sealed the deal. She was hooked for life.

The Walmart player was replaced with a RSQ JBox which included the Player, amp, speaker box, mic, and fist full of CDGs. OTD price of $620.

I like the player and the speaker box actually sounds a lot better than expected. As the wife is a CNA she decided to sing for the residents at the assisted living home where she works. They loved it (and her). A few letters, business cards and a many more CDs later she has booking with nearly 25 retirement, nursing, and assisted living homes. Her system on a budget (she does not do this to make money) has worked great for her and it has led to requests for private parties, and even a few gigs at different bars.

In order to play the bar gigs I picked up a new pair of BMB-CS500 speakers and stands for a firesale price off ebay (probably not the best choice). They have done the job none the less. I also picked up another (refurbished) RSQ KA-2000 amp as a backup. She ended up needing to use it while the first was replaced under warranty (one mic channel blown).

She is now about to seal the deal on two steady gigs that will bring in some money so it is time to purchase more reliable and better equipment. I bought a pair of Mackie SRM350s yesterday for a price I thought must be a mistake. $299 ea with free shipping from MF! I almost want to pick up another for an extra or a monitor at that price!

Next, I belive a mixer is in order. I've pretty much narrowed it down to the Mackie 1202-VLZ3 and Yahmaha MG124CX and am leaning towards the Yahmaha due to mic compression and built in effects.

Wife is happy with the RSQ E500 player which has builtin key change. Single disc is kind of a pain though.

Also shopping for decent mics (and a good one for her)- cordless and corded. Probably stick to the standard SM58 style. The cheap cordless mics are the only ones that come out after about 11pm at the club she plays near the college campus:)

Would greatly appreciate ANY input, suggestions, or crticisms from the rest out on this board. Previous purchases were good lessons and not too painful, would like to limit them going forward though.

kona[/quote]