KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaoke Posters Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Karaoke Posters
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:29 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
GeminiMALE40 wrote:
Lonman wrote:
Weight lifting is a draw? Really?? :lol:
I think most cities offer all that plus as well. In a town of less than 50K, drinking is probably a main activity.

WRONG!!!!!!! Going to Jail is..Salina is the DUI capital of the world

"Visit Salina where you go for vacation but leave on probation"

Now can we please get back on topic
DUI Capital?? Um, i'm no scholar but I believe that the main cause of that is......DRINKING! Which kind of confirms drinking is probably a main activity!

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:51 am 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

Been Liked: 64 times
The subject matter of the forum is Karaoke posters..can we please get back on topic????
I also think and have seen a lot of dj think..that it is the bars responsibility to promote...WRONG!!!! its your show ..Dj's should be doing the foot work and not leaving it up to the bars

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:43 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 108 times
I THINK THE WEIGHT LIFTING "THING" IS MORE ABOUT CHIPPINDALE TYPES SHOWING OFF THEIR BODIES IN GEMINI'S FAVORITE BARS.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:40 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 57 times
GeminiMALE40 wrote:
it is the bars responsibility to promote...WRONG!!!! its your show ..Dj's should be doing the foot work and not leaving it up to the bars

To each their own. My bar owners recognize this; In this town there is a moratorium on Drinking and Driving.
A Prohibition of sorts. So that means first they should not be counting on me to bring a following. I would have a following if I had a show just down the street at their competition's bar on a different night. Bands do not have followings across town anymore either, unless you count their girlfriends, boyfriends, or family.

So neighborhood bars are just that again. Neighborhood folks in attendance. The owner knows his neighborhood best and how to bring them in. Karaoke is going to late hours and when people are drinking they want to be close to home knowing all the back ways out during that witching hour.

Salina, KS is not the size of the Denver Metroplex and your cops may be different than our many different suburban area cops one would have to navigate through to get home from a show.

Also, Karaoke enhances his business not mine. The philosophy is you bring them in and I will keep them here and ensure that they come back. That has already been satisfied at my shows, though I have had that conversation with the managers and owners prior. My singers don't even go down the street on the differing night for karaoke because they can't stand the mix even though the host has more tracks. Hosts are not doing their bar anymore on the same nights I do a show down the street because they can not compete. So, if you have a great show word of mouth travels.

Actually, I do have a few that may follow my show on any given night. Just do not count on a sizable portion and not always either.

Once you've had a DUI you learn. Even if your close friend gets one you pay a part of their price by trying to help them out with transportation to everywhere. Classes, Court, Work, Case Manager visits, Groceries, any errand.

I have not had to do any grunt work to be successful in this piss-ant industry. If I ever have to I'm outta here.

You can footwork all you want.

I don't know, I don't care, and it doesn't make any difference! ----A. Einstein
Double bubble, toil and trouble ----W. Shakespeare & Walt Disney
I hate it when I get on FaceBook ----Me
Karaoke might be Groundhog Day ----?
Of All the Martial Arts, Karaoke Inflicts the Most Pain ----?

Last edited by dvdgdry on Sat May 20, 2017 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:29 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 1612 times
dvdgdry wrote:
GeminiMALE40 wrote:
it is the bars responsibility to promote...WRONG!!!! its your show ..Dj's should be doing the foot work and not leaving it up to the bars

The philosophy is you bring them in and I will keep them here and ensure that they come back.

My signature used to read "My job is: (A) to keep them here and coming back.... and NOT, (B) leaving and NEVER coming back"

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:36 am 
Super Duper Poster
Super Duper Poster

Been Liked: 268 times
I agree that the majority of the responsibility to bring in customers should be on the venue. However, what is is even better is if you BOTH work on it.

There is nothing wrong with trying to build up a group of people who will come to your show through such things as social media, email etc.

just my two cents.

-James

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:11 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

We are currently making poster to promote ALL THE KARAOKE IN THE AREA ( Salina,KS ).....this will promote our show at other bars as well as visa versa..win win for everyone

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:20 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 395 times
GeminiMALE40 wrote:
We are currently making poster to promote ALL THE KARAOKE IN THE AREA ( Salina,KS ).....this will promote our show at other bars as well as visa versa..win win for everyone

Geminimale, how does it benefit you advertising and competitor's show. I am sure that question goes through the minds of your competitors. What are the risks to them? Etc. The PRO's or PEP could turn around and hit all of the venues to make sure that they are on the up and up. If anyone gets busted, they may have grounds to sue you. Or they could do a lot worse. I retaliated against a bar that used to do karaoke almost every night of the week for acting like my party didn't have a reservation and didn't deliver on the perks that were part of the package by turning them in to SC during the time that SC was going after CAVS users. It brought SC down on every CAVS user in my area. I had to watch my back for the next few years because I learned that one user, which I know wasn't on the up and up because they would have ripping parties and share what they have with competitors as long as they had music that the ones hosting the party didn't have. I never joined in. But I never reported them either. SC probably got their names from the one and only bar I ever reported because they were also a CAVS dealer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:44 pm 
Super Plus Poster
Super Plus Poster

DannyG2006 wrote:
GeminiMALE40 wrote:

Geminimale, how does it benefit you advertising and competitor's show. I am sure that question goes through the minds of your competitors. What are the risks to them? Etc. The PRO's or PEP could turn around and hit all of the venues to make sure that they are on the up and up. If anyone gets busted, they may have grounds to sue you. Or they could do a lot worse. I retaliated against a bar that used to do karaoke almost every night of the week for acting like my party didn't have a reservation and didn't deliver on the perks that were part of the package by turning them in to SC during the time that SC was going after CAVS users. It brought SC down on every CAVS user in my area. I had to watch my back for the next few years because I learned that one user, which I know wasn't on the up and up because they would have ripping parties and share what they have with competitors as long as they had music that the ones hosting the party didn't have. I never joined in. But I never reported them either. SC probably got their names from the one and only bar I ever reported because they were also a CAVS dealer.

The reason being a lot of karaoke singers like to attend karaoke 3-4 a week and most places here a one time a week...so they like to know where there is going to be karaoke in town..so they can go..that is why