KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Echo-E500 All-In-One Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Echo-E500 All-In-One
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:18 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Hello all.  I am looking into purchasing an RSQ Echo-E500 machine to take on future gigs.  This model appleals to me because of the conveinance of having All-In-One karaoke functions.  Because I live on Social Security the price range for this type of unit is what I can afford at the moment.

I guess what I am asking here is:  Does anyone have any experience with this particular Model?  The retailer is in another state and so asking for a demonstation is out of the question.

I would appreciate any feedback about this.

Thanks a lot
mrpete1939 :yes:

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject: Re: Echo-E500 All-In-One
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:48 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 122 times
I hope the gig is in a closet.

I strongly recommend you don't do this. Buy a Behringer/Kustom PA instead for $250, and find some sort of CDG player.  Or the Phonic Powerpod 620. Either one of these:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=630245
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ ... sku=632006

would be better. Don't buy that little RSQ thing, do yourself a favor.

If against all advice you buy this RSQ thing, you should not pay more than $500.00 with free shipping.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:47 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

mrpete

Agree - get yourself a powered mixer ( self contained and lightweight) and 1 12" lightweight speaker plus a cdg player -

powered mixer  - $250
12" speaker - $150
cdg player $100

You will be way ahead of the game versus the ALL IN ONE unit from RSQ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:08 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
If money is tight and you need a rock bottom set up why not take your time and cherry pick a few older items off of ebay.  

I bought a small crate speaker for $20 that had a busted woofer.  A create replacement woofer was $25 plus about $10 in shipping.  

I matched it on ebay for $11 plus $33 in shipping
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=023

couple that with a little powered yamaha stereo mixer including shipping for $55

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=024

This will give you a nice little set up for small venues. It's also very portable and will easily fit in the back seat of your car.

Total is about $150

I added some plugs to match my xlr mics  for another $15 plus shipping.  

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=004

Use mics with a  1/4 inch plug and you don't even need that.

You will still need a karaoke player but those are pretty easy to find.

Good luck

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:49 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

I want to thank all who replied to my question re: Echo-E500.  I already have a nice 5 tray karaoke machine with a peavy ampliefier that I leave at the place where I sing.  So I thought about getting the all-in-one machine to take with me when I go to the nursing homes and other private clubs for people who have mental disabilities etc.  These are the people I am trying to present a program to.  I didn't want to be carting around a bunch of equiptment, but since most of you agree that I should go the other route I have decided that I will use the equiptment that I already have. But I do want to buy some new speakers because the ones I am using belong to the club.  They are very old and frankly not that good.  Now tell me this please...What is the difference between karaoke speakers,and/or regular sound speakers?  Can someone suggest some good speakers that are moderately priced and not break my budget?    I would be greatful for your help

Thanks
mrpete1939

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:26 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Don't totally give up on the portability.

First of all, if they are advertised as "karaoke speakers", avoid them like the plague. Odds are, they will be overpriced and not that good. They use that term to nab people who are not experienced with live sound.

WRT speakers, we would need to know your amplifier to properly advise. Looking at your budget, I have seen people have good luck with the PR-12 from Peavey, which have the advantage of being quite light. The Behringer B212 is a low-cost speaker in the same mold -- light. Both of those will want about 300W per channel (into 8 ohms) to drive them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:22 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
I like peavey as well.  I have several speaker systems built around them.  Their scorpions and black widows can be repaired by simply buying another basket and bolting it on.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:10 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

mule1rider @ Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:22 am wrote:
I like peavey as well.  I have several speaker systems built around them.  Their scorpions and black widows can be repaired by simply buying another basket and bolting it on.

For my very portable system, I have a Behringer PMH3000 and a pair of Peavey PR-10s. It fits in my car trunk along with several suitcases, so I can bring a reasonable portable karaoke anywhere in one bag and two 18-pound speakers.

For my relatively portable setup, I add a rack with a Lexicon MX-200, a compressor, an EQ, and a BBE enhancer/crossover. I run the PR-10s in mono from one power amp input, and a 32-pound Peavey PR-Sub off the other output. When I need more power for a bigger room, I add a rack with an EP-2500 power amp.

Finally, when I need a lot of sound for an outdoor gig, I replace the lightweight Peavey speakers with Behringer B1520s powered from the EP2500.