KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - How to play karoke on Apex DVD Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 9:40 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
I have an apex dvd, How would you play karoke file on it? I have some in MP3 with CDG.

Thanks
gt

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:11 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
Chances are you can't. Unles it says on the machine or in the instruction book that it is CD+G or MP3 compatible, it won't play those files, discs etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:06 pm 

The player can play mp3 and karaoke. I have karoke in mp3 format. How ould I burn or convert so the played can read the lyric file?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:03 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 309 times
It may say karaoke but it may mean DVD karaoke not CD+G karaoke. CD+G is the thing to look for. As for transferring from one format to another, someone else will have to answer that one as computers and programs are definately my strong points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:04 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

First of all, have you purchased and tried to play a standard CD+G karaoke disc in the player?

If your Apex player supports Cd+G discs, you would simply use an application like MP3+G Toolz to convert the MP3 and CDG files into bin files. You must also have a CDR that can read and write CD+Gs (not many do). The Plextor Plexwriter Premium is one CD-RW that is guaranteed to work. You will also need a program such as CDRWIN to actually burn your files onto a CD. You can download their trial version. It is functional, but I believe it only allows you to burn at 1X speed until you purchase a valid license.

As mentioned earlier, if your Apex player specifications do not say explicity that it supports CD+G playback, any CD+G discs created as above will play, but the graphic track will be ignored by the player.

If the MP3 files you have are in the CAVS format (MP3+MCG), only the CAVs player or their proprietary software will recognize this format.

You will soon discover that the current karaoke standard is the good old CD+G. Compressed files like MP3 may facilitate on-line sharing (lots of legal ramifications), but in order to play them in a standard karaoke player you need to convert them back into a bin file.
DVD's are around, but the selection is not as wide, and they are more expensive. I don't see them replacing CD+G. However, if you just want to belt out a few tunes at home and not buy a CD+G player you may just want to buy karaoke DVDs or install a karaoke program on your pc that will play the mp3+g files.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:16 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

The above is good info. The bottom line is probably going to be if you don't already have that ability on your existing equipment, you'd probably be better off getting a system that'll play the cdg's and vcd's as that's where the best selection of available music is anyway. The only other thing I've seen, and again I'm not going to get into the legal ramafications of it, is I've heard that whoever is selling the mp3's or cav's (I'm not really sure - maybe someone else can comment on it) is also selling another piece of software to convert the propriatary coding so that it'll play. Don't have the specifics of that though as I've not been involved in that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:19 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
a player will NOT play mp3+g unless specifically stating it can't. The cdg file is also compressed, and you need to uncompress it to have it played. Many dvd players can not read the subcode of the Graphics on CD+g discs...

You need to get a specific player that will recognize the mp3+g aspect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:21 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
I think Apex, and maybe some other brands, advertise karaoke capability because, as said before, you could play a DVD karaoke disc (or maybe possibly even VCD, though my cheapie Apex doesn't recognize VCD) through it, and it has a microphone input. If considering one of these, always check the in-store box or spec. sheet to look for CD+G - which you usually won't find. Personally, I'd recommend checking the player/disc pack deals you can find at most reputable online karaoke stores.