KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Machines with fanfare, scoring and/or competition features? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:46 am 

Been Liked: 0 time
I am new to karaoke but have been studying the different formats and machines for some time. I am trying to buy a machine for home use primarily, but also for parties.

The number one feature I want though is fanfare/scoring/competition because that really seems to make it fun from what I've experienced.

But I'm having a hard time finding a CD+G/VCD player that has the fanfare or scoring or competition features. I was considering the CAVS Super CD+G machines but they don't see to have the feature. In fact the only one I have found that supports CD+G and VCD and has the a fanfare/scoring/competition feature is the Pioneer DVL-V888.

Does anyone know of other machines that cost less than or equal to the Pioneer, support CD+G and VCD and have the fanfare/scoring/competition feature?

Thanks!
-Erik

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:01 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
the only ones I know of are the later model Pioneer machines. You will have problems finding most of them since they are all discontinued. The V-760, V-780, V-880 laser/cdg players had this feature. Check on E-Bay, I see them sometimes on there.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:58 pm 
Major Poster
Major Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Geez, that takes me back a few years- I found out through years of experimentation using small lab animals that... The louder you are, the better the score.

You get that function in the Pioneer 888 but if you find one it will be anything but cheap. If you want that unit you'd better move quick because they going down the path of the 8 track

Sammy

The opinions of Sammy do not necessarily reflect the views of the Karaoke Scene Magazine - Advice is given with a sence of humor and should be taken accordingly - If you have problems setting the clock on your VCR - You've come to the right place

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile