KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - New system advice Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: New system advice
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:46 pm 

Been Liked: 0 time
Thanks for all that have helped. I am very new to this and all the local Kjs that I have faithfull suported by going to the shows and spend a lot of money at wont help with advice. So Im basicly winging it. I went to the local guitar center and picked up two Mackie sa1521 speakers. By the way I had him demo the srm450 first and they souned great untill he switched over to the 1521 wow what a speaker!!! Other then microphones he had no clue as to what else I needed. I guess I will need a basic mixer to play dj music if the need arise. what's good? I have pretty much decided to go with a computer shuttle . Still researching what's best. any advice? After reading cavs form and all the problems listed there I don't think I will consider cavs. I also want to get a cdg unit as a back up what's the best 3 tray?
What else do I need? Please help I am a green pea at this

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:33 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

JVC 3-tray is probably the industry standard. I use both the 3-tray and the single and have never had a problem with either!
You will definitely need a mixer because it's not a good idea to put microphones through the computer.

After that, you're on your own because (each to their own) I much prefer to use discs rather than a computer, even if the computer has all the back-up known to man. You will, however, get a lot of people disagreeing with me, which is what this forum is all about!

Good luck with your new venture and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have for many years!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 2:39 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I agree with the JVC 3-drawer. Visit some of the manufacturers web sites for mixer etc. There's a lot of em out there. Problem is everyone you ask has their own favorite, but mackie and yamaha both make some good ones. There's also a lot of others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:49 pm 
No arguements on the JVC or RSQ 3 drawer... same product, different brand names.. no real difference in bells & whistles.. Word on the Grapevine is...RSQ now has a 3 drawer that does DVD, CGG, VCD, & MP3 just like the original... I hear it's quite a unit..

Good Luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:52 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
The RSQ is "slightly" inferior to the JVC only in parts. The laser eye is a plastic base over the JVC glass base. Otherwise they are the same unit.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:08 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

RedneckRomeo, I located a new JVC 3 drawer player on sale. The site I found it on usually sells it for $299 (about normal for most places), but has it on sale at $229. They also have it, along with a starter pack cd+g set for something like $289 (didn't check out the mfg of the cd+g's). If you're interested in it e-mail me and I'll direct you to the site. I've dealt with them before and they're reliable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:07 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
karaoke.com... and the starter pack is a Priddis 180 song pack that's just fine for nearly everything.

I PERSONALLY don't like the Priddis, but many people have liked them immensely!

Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:34 pm 
There's nothing wrong with a Priddis Track, I Legally used one to record a demo for an industry audition once.. amazingly i got replies.. and not even 2 months later I signed a recording contract in Nashville..

Amazing things ya can do with a well produced karaoke track.. but remember this.. HONESTLY, I did NOT use the video screen when recording it.. I had the real set of lyrics. even though Priddis had them correct.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:43 pm 

Thanks everyone
this is what I have so far
2 Mackie 1521
1 BBe 882i sonic maximizer
1 Behringer Multicom Pro XL
1 Mackie CFX 12 mixer
2 Shure UT24-beta 58 wireless mics
1 Eb2 computer shuttle w/ MTU Hosting Software w two 120gb hard drives.
1 JVC trp tray 303 player
1 SKB 16 space Rack with shock mount.
plus 13 tv and tv stand 2 ultimate stands for speakers.

Now all I need is a good moniter stage speaker any suggestions?

Been ordering my cdg disks going to strt out with about 7000 songs and then start seeing what the singers think I could use more of. Thanks do I need anything else?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:07 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Just lots of luck now, mate! It may take some time to get established but hang in there. You sound like you mean business!

Barry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:01 pm 
The mackie powered pa speaker it actually doubles as a floor monitor... with a either a single 31 band eq or a alesis 5 band mono parametric eq.. you'll have it licked from there..

wish ya well, and it sounds great from here! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 4:27 pm 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
The Mackie 1521's wouldn't make a very good floor monitor. The SRM350, SRM450 & C300 are designed for that. It would make a great side fill monitor though.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile