KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Back to simple basic show IT WORKED!!! Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:29 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
OK hows this for a change of events a few days ago I post a struggling kj thread all of a sudden the phone rings and I pick up 2 other gigs and WHA LAH I feel some modicum of success.

Here is what I need advice of one new show has a sound system installed already and they want me to use their system just play my music. The speakers aer cieling mounted and it was a kickin dance joint in the early 70's so it sounds killer on dance floor not so good when you are in the seating area we are gonna change things a bit for next time I think it is important to maintain MY SOUND for people that follow us rather than have a diff sound at each venue( understanding that they are all a little diff)

NOW here is the basic thing that WORKED. Last night first time new venue and I thought I am going back to simple and it was awesome. I left the dual 15 band eq in the gig bag and just simply eq'd thru the mixer and my sound was the best it has been in a long long long time I think perhaps in my zeal I was overprocessing the music. Also I just plugged the monitor into the mains and ran it that way rather than running a separate mon mix and as a result the house levels were a ton easier to adjust and the night went well and smooth.

The patrons were happy tho they seemed to clear out earlier than I would have liked....its sposed to back up on you not get lighter as the night goes...suggestions???

End of night they forked over the 150 and said see you next week so I feel some satisfaction as we now play 3 nights per week and hopefully can get the following developed so I can get some more for the show I am shooting for 250 per night

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:47 pm 
Fas..
Improvements come little by little.. discuss... never demand from a club.. if they deny it.. take it as gospel for a while.. work on the following first.
just do the show.. as for the EQ.. try a dual 31 band maybe a dbx or Rane.... and maybe a "Real Time Analyzer" along with someone who is extremely expierenced in operating it. and don't ask for the raise for 6 months.. maybe $25.00 a night and take baby steps getting there to $250.00 until that room stays close to full.. don't even think about asking..

These are the only pieces of "friendly" advice I can give you without seeing or hearing your room.

Good luck,

Brian Douglas