KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Karaoke.....DOG HOUSE Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Karaoke.....DOG HOUSE
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:49 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
I was going to post this under the tread "KARAOKE ADDICT" but I felt it needed its own discussion.....So last night I went out to sing karaoke at a show my ex-KJ partner and ex-sleeping partner was hosting. SHEsometimes buys duplicate copies of the NEW monthly releases and I buy them from her . So I drove 45 minutes to her show in what can be considered a VERY BAD NEIGHBORHOOD to pick up the discs and maybe sing (1) song..... I got there at 9:00pm..Here is where the story gets crazy...Mind you I left my 6 month pregnant wife home WHICH IS NEVER A PROBLEM she never has a problem with me going out singing to her show ...But the music wa good the rotation was small and the next thing I know it's 12:30 PM ... :oops: :shock: Still really not a problem.... So being the ADDICT I AM of course I have to listen to the CDGS on my way home ...It is a 45 min ride... So I pop the trunk of my little VW bug to load up the cd changer pop the cds in close the trunk and hear the all too familiar BEEP of the car lock alarm :oops: ITS AT THAT MOMENT I REALIZED THE KEYS WERE IN THE TRUNK :shock: :shock: Well needless to say I had to call and wake my PREGNANT wife up at 1:00 in the morning to drive 45 mins to a very bad neighborhood to open the trunk......AND YOU THINK YOU'LL HAVE A BAD DAY?

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:03 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

In the Words of Homer Simpson DOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! LMAO

T.B.K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:24 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

I forgot to tell you that the VW is my wifes car .. SHE HAD TO PICK ME UP IN MY SUV WHICH HAD NO GAS !!!! SO SHE HAD TO FIND A GAS STATION AND PUT GAS IN THE TRUCK ..SHE WAS :evil: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:43 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

dude, how long ya grounded from leaving the house?????

I always have a spare key hidden in my wallet, although i normally leave the wallet in the vehicle (ain't no money in it)

I have locked my keys in the van several times...
- old navy, a hour from home - thank god mom was with me and had her keys.
- one time when i was doing a walk-through at a venue
- one time locked them in the enclosed cargo area and had to call AAA to get the driver's door open so i could get my wallet to get my spare, so i could open the cargo door, to get my normal keys to get into the house.

I now keep the keys on me at all times

Another time, I had two friends at a outdoor concert with me, we get to the vehicle and the key turned over, but the starter didn't engage...... seems while parking in the cow pasture, i scrapped som gravel and it disconnected my neutral safety switch. 2 two trucks and almost 2 hours later the ladies were freaking out when both two trucks left without the van. then i came driving up...... I was so stressed out and agrivated that i didn;t need the coffee to keep me awake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:59 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

And then 1 time, in bandcamp...............

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:06 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

It would have been bad enough just having to wake her up at that time of night, much less being pregnant, coupled with the wrong vehicle which was out of gas. Wow! You're lucky she even came to help ya. Think I'd just bite the bullet this time and pray it never happens again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:12 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Let me get this straight. You had your wifes car. Stayed late. Locked your keys in the trunk. It was early in the morning. SHe's pregnant. She had to use your suv that had no gas. She had to find a station fill it herself drive to a bad part of town in the dark.

HOW ARE YOU STILL BREATHING??????? LMAO
THIS IS COMPARABLE TO THE PARTING OF THE RED SEA OR WALKING ON WATER DUDE!

T.B.K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:24 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Wait till she tells all of your friends about this, and they all get on you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:30 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Tooo True DBK Too true.....I think Lorena bobbit got the same kind of phone call from her hubby in the middle of the night and we all know what happened to him and mr. happy lmao

T.B.K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:32 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Ya know, once she starts telling her (and your) friends about this it's gonna be worse than the time my wife went into labor and I tossed a pair of dirty socks on top of the refrigerator so the cat wouldn't chew them up. Then as luck would have it a couple of her friends came over before she came home from the hospital to help "clean up" so the house would be ready. Sure enough, one of them found the socks - never could convince them it was just a one-time deal so as not to delay getting her to the hospital. Never was able to live that one down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:39 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Hey Ron Heres a great christmas gift idea....send each of the friends mentioned above that have not let you live this down a pair of dirt socks and a picture of the cat chewing on them....that ought to shut them up ;)

T.B.K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:08 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Hey BK, Love it :!: :twisted: lmaorotf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:12 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Not karaoke related , but a similar story. Years ago A friend of mine convinced me to drive 95 miles into the catskill mountains to Monticello raceway to bet the harness ponies.

I had a plymouth k-car station wagon. We went in and hours later had lost our shirts except for travel money.

Low and behold after searching my pockets on the way to the car, It yeilded nothing, And when I looked in the drivers side I saw my keys in the Ignition.

My friend and I went back into the raceway and asked management for assistance. A raceway maintenance employee told me they had no slim jims or other devices to open the door/window and the only option was to call the local small town sheriff, but He then said,

The sheriff usually takes 45 minutes to show up, And then

He's gonna ask you how you managed to lock your keys inside, And then

He's gonna call a tow truck and you're gonna have to pay to have your car opened.

After hearing this , I turned around, walked to my car, Found a large rock and smashed out my window.

It was a mighty cold February breeze that froze my friend and I from the missing window the 95 miles home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:33 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Let me first say that Mrs. Bobbitt had it wrong!

Quote:
Tooo True DBK Too true.....I think Lorena bobbit got the same kind of phone call from her hubby in the middle of the night and we all know what happened to him and mr. happy lmao

You just cut most of it off. Then after she tells her friends a story like Jam's, instead of refering to him as her hubby she can call him....my stubby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:03 am 
Jam,
Does your wife also do collections on deadbeat barowners who don't pay KJ's or fulfil Contracts & promises?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:04 am 
Jam,
Does your wife also do collections on deadbeat barowners who don't pay KJ's or fulfil Contracts & promises?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:44 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

I agree with Jimmy's Rock and Smash method, I've used it myself once. The smarter way is AAA, took me a few years to figure that out.

Jam, I feel your pain. I know that " No, that didn't just happen" thought all too well.

My lockout story is a bit different. I come home one night at about 2AM(from Karaoke of course), half in the bag, well maybe more than half, and go to sleep. At about 7AM I get rousted out of bed by the sound of the Sanitation truck on my street and the realization that I have new life forms growing in my kitchen trash. Yeah I gotta fight the hangover and get the garbage to the truck in about 25 seconds, before the truck pulls away. Without thinking I grab the two garbage bags and run outside, in my boxers, in 18 degree weather, and chase the truck to the next house. Success. As I'm running back to my house, before I get frostbite in places where even the word bite doesn't go, I feel a strong gust of wind, and infinitely worse, hear the sound of my front door slamming shut.

Yes I'm locked out of my house, in boxer shorts and socks on a 18 degree NY winter morning. I really didn't know any of the neighbors so knocking on doors in boxer shorts could get you shot.

The realization that I'm screwed quickly sunk in. That's when one of those supernatural strength moments came over me. You know the ones like when a women lifted a car off her child to save his life. Well I stood in front of this steel reinforced door for about five seconds and kicked if off it's hinges. I still don't know how I did that, I'm not a small guy but I'd never think that I can open that door, much less break it off the hinges with one blow.

I hid a spare key in the back of the house after that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:28 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Well its been almost 48 hrs and I'm still alive... :) My wife is just being able to crack a smile about what happened. :o But I know its locked in MEMORY ....as soon as I do the littlest thing BAM it will come flying out :)
So for the next few weeks, I'll try to be a good boy :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:35 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

You're doing ok so far. All ya need to do now is tip-toe for the next 4-6 months and it'll start to fade :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:53 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

women NEVER forget. :evil: :evil: :evil: