KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Turning Computer into Karaoke Machine Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:23 am 
Sammy,
I have a computer-based recording studio and have been playing CDGs with my CD player/burner for vocalists who would like to use Karaoke background music. I recently installed a DVD/CD player/recorder in my computer with the expectation that I would be able to display the lyrics on my monitor for the vocalists. I haven't been able to get it to work. Are there any software packages out there that will allow me to do this? I'm also hoping to copy (and organize) all of my CDGs on to my hard drive so I don't have to keep pulling out CDGs. Any advice would be much appreciated. Stephen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:36 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
There is a program which I use for Karaoke shows. You can store the cdg's on your hard drive and run a show from it. They are working on dvd & vcd formats right now to be adding into the program. I am very pleased with computer karaoke and wouldnt go back to the old ways unless forced to.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:41 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

In your own home where you have the cd's shouldn't be a problem. If you're going to take it out on the road, I'd at least make sure you had the originals with you. It's another licensing issue if you're going to be charging for the service in your home, which would make it a home based business. I'm not telling you not to do it, just saying be careful so you know what you're getting into as far as legal requirements are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 3:51 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

I've done some research on this topic recently, since I am also wanting lyrics an my computer screen (although not for any professional or service application). My current understanding is that the CD burner/players on the market are not all capable of recognizing the graphics in the CDG format and that only specific brands and makes will do so.

An alternative that I intend to try, which someone had suggested to me, is to install a video card (on the order of WINTV type) in my computer and pipe my conventional CDG Player through that. Don't know if it'll work, but I can use the video card anyways for other things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:06 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Plextor is the only cd burner that is considered a Standard for cdg's. and for a video card the MSI fx5600 or above would be good for what you want. they have video in, video out (rca & s-video) and separate (2) monitor.