KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - looking for a low cost sub to help out 4 12 in yamahas...... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:09 pm 
hey my fellow karaokers........im looking for a low cost but nice sub for my shows....i play dance music in between my singers and need some more low end....im running a 1450 amp, 4 12 in yamahas, beringer vocalizer, vocopro 35 cordless mics, beringer sound board(look alike to the makie) and 333 player.i get nice low volume sound put when i go to pump it up it gets bad....please help and also what is the best way to run 4 speakers off a 2 speaker amp.......thanks as always

KJ Ryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:47 pm 
Ryan,
Yahama, Behringer, & B-52 all make some real killer sub boxes that are affordable.. contact me by e-mail directly and i'll let you in on where you can get a killer deal on them... or if you have an amp with a built in crossover I have other solutions...

Good Luck,
Brian Douglas
Sprocket Audio Southwest (Pro Audio Engineering & Karaoke Consultants)
SprocketAudioSW@aol.com

Last edited by Guest on Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:25 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
I have a JBL Eon G2 powered sub that works nicely. Light-weight (about 45 lbs I think) and small footprint. Got it for $525 delivered from riksmusic.com Not sure what they're going for now, but the G2s have been out for awhile, so I'd guess even less. I crank it all the way up and control it off a separate zone-out on my Behringer DX-1000 mixer. Even in the small rooms, it makes a big difference.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:39 am 
thanks marty that helps alot.....do you guys know anymore people in michigan as far as hosts....im also planning a trip to vegas real soon and i know of a couple of good spots its just i would like to know of some good hosts too.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:52 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2125 times
I'm assuming the amp is a QSC RMX1450?? The Yamaha speakers are rated at 8 ohm so you would hook 2 speakers up per channel which will drop the load to 4 ohms which is fine provided your speakers will be able to handle the power. This amp will push approx 450 watts per channel into 4 ohms. You did fail to mention what model the Yamahas are. S12e or the S112IV? The S112IV handles a little more power (300 watts) than the S12e (200 watts). 12" speakers aren't really designed for bass, they are designed to be run with separate subs. If you run all 4 speakers at every show, you'll want to use at least a 15" sub per side. 1 18" cabinet will work to get you going, & this may be all you need. You will want to run a separate amp & external crossover for the sub(s) for best results. Yamaha makes a matching sub for your speakers in both 15" & 18" either for under $300 each at Musicians Friend.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile