KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - How do I find Christmas parties???? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:46 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Not in the book how is the best way to find parties to do??? Need to gt it figured otu fast.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:13 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

All you can do is advertise and put out flyers in the office area where you live but you've left it a bit late!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:04 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

To get company or organization parties you need a website and you need to be listed high on a search engine. Most companies do a websearch for the entertainment for their event.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:04 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

You gotta start hunting around Labor Day. I send letters to prospective customers. However, it helps if you are a DJ/KJ combo. Many places are not interested in a purely karaoke evening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:17 pm 
Start advertizing in the weekly newspapers. not as bad in the cost catagories... Cable tv isn't too bad right now.. One of my clients just booked 6 parties (700.00 for 5 hrs) on a cable tv commercial "Against my better judgement" amazing... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:57 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

As most have already said ..Little late for X-mas but generally I would add these suggestions....Make an advertising flyer for yourself and mail it to the larger companies in your area offering them discounts for corporate events or better yet if you have the time stop in and speak to the office managers..personal touch goes a long way. If not for this year maybe next year or other holiday or events like retirement parties etc.
Stop into local catering halls and any place that rents a hall for parties etc. Leave some flyers and cards people are always looking for DJ/KJ's.
If you are already KJing weekly , hand out the same flyers to your singers or others in the venue... good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:09 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

In addition to handing out fliers etc., I always have a note on the bottom of my song slips saying to the effect of available for private parties or that special function. Also, make announcements at your regular gigs as you never know who might be sitting there that could make a recommendation where they work. Although it is getting real late for this coming season - ya wanna hurry. Without an established advertising program, its tough to get parties cold. Most people want someone they've seen or heard. That's why having one or two regular gigs is good for the exposure and to make the contacts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:20 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Good ideas all around. I have found connecting with local banquet halls has generated some good business - not only holiday parties, but birthdays and weddings too. I don't promote my "for-hire" services vocally at shows, but I do keep some business cards and flyers stocked in each book right with the song slips. Both promote wedding, corporate, parties, and karaoke services and I've gotten some work through that means as well.

You may also want to look into joining your local Chamber of Commerce, if you have one. That's a good opportunity to meet with other members that service similar markets - banquet halls, limos, florists, etc. You may also find that you can get services you can use from other members like photocopying at a discount.

Most of my one-time jobs are now being generated from networking with local businesses - and these are generally the best paying ones, even after discounting (I always knock off a little for referrals). I had a videographer come up to me at a show last week and we exchanged some cards in hope that we could both kick over some future business between us - you never know.

If nothing more, I'd suggest you make up a nice flyer, mail it out with a letter introducing yourself and telling them what you can do (make their parties a success!) to local business, banquet halls, etc. and follow up with phone calls for appointments.

Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:21 pm 
Marty
has actually some winners as far as some killer ways to get those nice paying gigs.. Keep it up.. :D

Not all these are new ideas.. but some I have forgotten about..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:12 pm 

I agree with one of the other gentleman that replied. Join your local Chamber of Commerce. You'd be surprized how many people call the Chamber looking for entertainment. If you're a member, they will promote you over other groups that aren't members. Our Chamber has done wonders for me. Good Luck!!! :roll:

Post subject: Call booking agents
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:56 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Call Booking agents and get your name out. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:56 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Become friendly with a hotel manager with a lot of function rooms!
Once you get your foot in the door the work comes rolling in around Christmas!