KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Would like your Input...... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:46 pm 
You've started a new room, and from day one, the owners blame you for lost business and revenue, call you names, jack up the prices on their customers and yours that you bring in. Then 4 weeks in after having to fight over getting paid every night, you have planned a "Special" Event. A birthday party. 2 Weeks before you have planned out with the cook and the club how many people were coming and the food you wanted served. You walk in the night of the party, no food, no servers, nothing like you had planned it, and 40 friends show up to celebrate someones birthday. The owners say they didnt have to follow thru with the plans, because there wasnt a guarantee of how many people would show up. They start screaming obscenities and saying you dont make them any money anyway, but then say, "Get the show started now!!!" Since your guests are there you have no choice, and at the end of the evening, even with a full house, they claim they can hire any "Fool" to do Karaoke, so you should be grateful we hired you and show up next week.

Has anyone else experienced this?? I witnessed part of the abuse first hand as one of the guests, and knowing the KJ's told them they ought to just give up and leave. I suggested they at least give them either verbal or written notice they would not be back, but they are so angry, they just dont want to give them the satisfaction of even letting them know they arent coming back. What would you do? Would you at least give them some kind of notice you are leaving, or just let them go without it??

This show deserved better than it recieved, and the owners of this bar were way out of line, I hope this bar gets boycotted for what they did to my friends, or the next KJ going in there might get the same treatment....MV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:44 pm 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
the CUSTOMERS need to go off on the bar owners/managers Michael!!

I've said it a hundred times: We get paid to do our job... THE CUSTOMERS PAY to come in and have a great time. When the bar sabotages a show like that, the people PAYING need to make their feelings known.

We just sit back and try to be calm and rational... but eventually, it is so much easier to just say "awwww F.U." and then walk away. But how is that professional? You need to be better than they are, and remain calm, no matter the storm. Yes, walking away without coming back is justifiable, but at least TELL them you won't be back, and that you're going to spread the word around to all the mobiles you know about.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:33 pm 
Michael,
i would have as a guest, and a karaoke professional calmly explained that they could have and still easily can go else where.. and so could the kj.. ask him if it's worth his time to go hire an attny to be sued for failure to fulfill a verbal contract? it sounds like there was one to provide a contract to provide food to the party? and his verbal abuse was not warrented. I say he should quit with 2 weeks written notice. with all the issues explained.

and finally...remind him karaoke is supposed to be for the fun of his patrons.. not his entertainment. and it takes a professional to run a karaoke show properly which he doesn't appear to recognise a professional from a idiot it's about $300.00 a night which he'd better go back to having his patrons stuff a jukebox. :evil: I would lose my cool on this guy and i'm a very relaxed preson in bar idiots (I mean owners)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:34 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
I think I'd just walk out on it. Although it's not like me to leave without notice, in view of the attitude of the owners, coupled with their failure to follow through on plans that were agreed to, I wouldn't feel compelled to give them notice. I would be real tempted to just walk out and let it surprise them. Let em have a taste of their own medicine. It wouldn't be like they didn't bring it on themselves. That is, as long as there's not a written contract involved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:18 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Such A- holery is unbelievable. Tell me this didnt happen in so.cal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:26 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Let me get this straighT...For 4 weeks they BLAMED them called them NAMES and they had to fight for their money every night.... And the KJ's still planned an important party at the place ? Now after getting stiffed at the party ..They are wondering if and how they should give notice.. :lol: :lol: DIS me once shame on you DIS me twice shame on me BUT THREE TIMES :lol: TEL THEM TO GET WHAT MONEY IS DUE AND SAY ADIOS !!! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:06 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

I would notify the bar that I would not be back.
This would not be subject to debate.
This would not be done as a courtesy to the bar, but as a courtesy to myself.
No arguments.
Why lower myself?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:13 am 
I spoke to my friends last night, they wont be going back. I did advise they at least call and say good bye to the owners with no hard feelings. This bar is incredible, but the owners and their sons, (who believe if it isnt Rap music its Cr%$*p :D :D :D music, wanted to run the entertainment at the club my friends are very let down to have tried so hard, but as I told them, there are other venues that will 'Appreciate Karaoke". After our conversation, they got a call from a club, but the nights and distance prevented them from taking it. They were feeling better though that they will move on and find other gigs. They have 3 now and their Sunday night gig is Incredible. For this club owner by the way, I have given them the "KARAOKE HEX" That no Karaoke grace their stage, and any acts that follow all sound like Tiny Tim on every song they play. May your stage lights go dim until you learn the respect of Talent that comes to your bar when they bring you business, you learn to respect their talent as well. With the attitude of the owners, I dont give this bar long.......for those who have been thru this before, hold your heads up, it wasnt you that screwed up, and the Club will get their just reward.......MV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:06 pm 
^5 MV :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:11 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Good on your friends. I agree the club will get theirs in the end. It's just sad that some people are so messed up that they have to be that way. Here's a sign to give to the owner's sons :withstupid:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:08 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Angry KJ grabs mic and looks out towards the customers, "I'LL BE AT THE DENNY'S ON SUNSET IN 15 MINUTES WITH MY PORTABLE RIG! - - - BE THERE!" :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:01 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Ya know, I wouldn't have thought of that, but I really like that one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:56 am 
Better yet.. If that would have happened here.. 3 phone calls.. that's all it would have taken..

never put it by me to pass up an oppertunity to shut down a bad show in this town and i won't do it like some have attempted to do.
with me tha hammer falls fast

1) to get permission to open the a club to the public the next night

2) Line up a temp. liquor license or a place that already has one.

3) set up the room and hire the ppl qualified to run it.

I have the connections. all it takes is the MOOONNNEEYYY $$$$

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:02 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Brian....................HUH?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:34 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Ok, for starters; I refuse to load up the van without a signed contract .
i dislike places that jack up prices on the customers.

I think i would have been gone from there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:03 pm 
fasman..
you are clueless :? ....ask ron.. he has heard how i shut down a really bad show..

i didn't like doing it.. but this was a bad one..

trust me it would not happen again anytime soon..
it would have to be a extreme case..

but it shows how much you can educate a Gaming licensing board on karaoke and why it's supposed to be a fun activity instead of being a competition just for your friendship circle. 200+ singers were upset that were good enough to qualify in this 8 month event only the same 16 did in that same period. I find that quite biased and so did they.

Live and Learn.
Brian D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:08 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Far be it from me to put my spin on something lol
the way I see it there are 3 ways to handle this
1. The right way
2. The wrong way
3. MY WAY lol

The right way. No notice given to these morons just go and not comeback. Contact an attorney and sue the ever lovin bejesus for breach of contract. Spread it through the grapevine what kind of low lifes run this joint and what they will do to anybody who works for them. Get a gig relatively near to this one and show the former establishment how its done and make them beg for you to come back then tell them F. U . lmao

The Wrong way....wimper p!ss moan and complain and grovel at their feet. Tell them your sorry you didn't do a good job for them and beg them not to give you a bad rep.

MY way. Call all the people that were involved in the party that was planned. Go down to the establisment. Grab the S.O.B by the back of the head. Smack the ever lovin sh!t out of him. Bang his head off the bar several times for being stupid. Drag Him by the ear to each and every one of the patrons that were abused in the party and tell this sorry piece of garbage that if he doesn't apologize to each and every one of them publically that you will personally make it so he takes his meals through an IV bag for the rest of his life. LMAO
And if he says he's gonna call the cops, well thats easy, all those party goers are witnesses that he fell down and you didn't touch him lol

T.B.K
:twisted: 8)

Attachments:
bash.gif
bash.gif [ 1.7 KiB | Viewed 28301 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:23 pm 
Kahuna..
I like the "My Way" part although I don't advocate it.. but it really sounds like these guys are the lowlifes this KJ was and still is.. BTW this guy i referred to still has to my best of knowlege 2 venues in this town.. and still violates copyrights has duped media.., and does everything he can to get around "Doing the right thing" but that's what makes this area so bad for business.. he'll get his justice again in the end.. :D :twisted: Maybe from another source. and the bad part is 85% of the other companies in town know he does it.. and are just waiting for something to happen they know that probably won't. it's wierd how a city like this can tolerate such crapola..

I guess those fools at Soundchoice, Chartbuster and other manufacturers really don't care do they?? and they wanna make a profit??? WOW!!
Now why CDG's Are 30 + Bucks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:57 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Hey Brian you buy my round trip air ticket first class and put me up in a nice hotel and some minor expenses and I will help him get his just desserts lmao j/k I aint called THE BIG KAHUNA for nothing lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:48 am 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Get out, cut losses. The person I work for is as important as the exposure or the money. As I've said, long before KJing: If it's more of a pain in the @$$ than fun, it's not worth it.