KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Would like your Input...... Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

wordpress-hosting

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:45 am 
Update!!!! The owners have grovelled and begged this KJ company to come back, they will sign an "8 Week contract" !!! and they have had their salaryy "Doubled" for the 8 weeks with stipulations of the club for advertising and to not have any harrassment any longer. I guess good things can happen. If any of you are in the Woodland Hills area and would like to attend their grand "Re Opening" next week, e mail me and we will make a celebration party out of it!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! :D

Attachments:
thewave.gif
thewave.gif [ 16.91 KiB | Viewed 14327 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:04 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Congrats on the re-opening/contract, I think. At the end of the 8-week contract, if you would, update us and let us know how it went and if it gets renewed. This could be a happy ending to a rocky start, but will need time to tell.

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:47 am 
MV...
I think it should be tripled... and free food should be set out for the guests.. ans drink specials.. They should be told it will cost them.. to get his following back in there.. and yours!!! :P

and if it don't happen at all one of those nights.. it's over.. see ya in court.. Bye, Bye!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:04 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Location: Mobile, Alabama (On the Central Gulf Coast 1-65 at I-10)
Congrats on getting the club's attention but to add a late note for the future. Play the event for the party as planned, apologize for the problem and explain it is beyond YOUR control, as you are the ENTERTAINMENT ONLY. Maybe apologize on mic. Law suits cost money take time and can cause you to get a bad reputation limiting eployability-clubs talk even competitors.

Move down the road, if it is meant to work out it will and you may want to go back and often for more money. If not you don't need to debase yourself to abuse. YOU HAVE VALUE. Attitude gets you nowhere, smile and walk away. Walk back only if there is a real offer or desire to return to better conditions. If you don't you will always be demeaned and cussed and undervalued. This is true in more than karaoke, any line of work-it is universal!

In any event things can go wrong some a little some everything, be prepared to be a pro to get the event done, make it shine and you. I have had many of my share of these kinds of problems over the years. (but not quite as bad with the venues I have played)
ImageSTAR KARAOKE/Debra LewisImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:36 pm 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

hear hear to your last post Brian -- Those dorks should do all that and apologize to all involved in that party and if they pull their crap again get out the hammer ;)
Everyone needs their attitude adjusted sometimes thats why louiville sluggers were made :twisted:

T.B.k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:56 pm 
Kahuna...
I love your thinking... GMTA...

"Keep It In The Family...." :wink: :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:10 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Two weeks ago I had a pub I've been playing in for a few months cancel my Dj job for a friday night...... for the third time. and I walked out on them. I had it set up so every other week, I set up on friday Evening, and did a 4 hour dj show. Cover everything up for the night, and come back Saturday evening for a karaoke show. Well, She had previously called and cancelled two other friday nights, and this last one I had already set up and was getting ready to play when another Dj came in, and she told me he was supposed to play that night. Well, it wasnt our contract to do only a saturday night show, so I told her to stuff it. I started playing an every week karaoke gig on saturday nites down the street from her place. So far for the last two weeks now The new place is packed and her place is empty, I hope she likes the new Dj.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 5:36 pm 
Dr. D,
the free enterprize system at it's finest... ahhhhhhhhhh! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:48 am 
Way to go Dr D, Congrats and hope you have a long and successful run!! :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:42 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

Heres something else to think about Dr. D. If you had a contract Veral or otherwise, you can hold her in violation of contract....more money for you.....:D

Nice move also perhaps the wench will come over and beg for ya back now lmao :twisted: