KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - OF ALL THE SHOWS YOU HAVE SEEN OR DONE........ Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:45 pm 
I was thinking of a show the other day I had hosted for a charity fund I do every year, when I thought about a gentleman by the name of Inez Nanez, a blind and autistic singer who was absolutly amazing. He would sing from memory, and with the voice of an angel. It was a moment when he sang Ave Maria that touched all of us that night. There have been many shows in my 13 years that have moved me......

Of all the shows you have seen or done, what was your most memorable and why??? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:16 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Having had 2 sons involved in the middle east recently, one that sticks out in my mind is a recent show. It was at a VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars) Post where we had a Marine and his wife and kids attend. It was the same day he returned to the states, and had come down to assist in planning a homecoming to recognize the rest of them preparing to return. I introduced him over the mic (we took time out from the regular show), then my daughter sang "God Bless The USA". She probably sings it better than anyone except Lee Greenwood. The whole place was on their feet for both the rendition of the song as well as for the Marine who came home. One of those you'll never forget!

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 5:22 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

I'm still waiting for mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:53 pm 
Ron
Your Daughter has one of the MOST AMAZING Female Voices in the Southwest .. And you Know I wouldn't say that if i didn't mean it!!!

Is it in the water? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:15 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Thanks Brian. She's the one that really got my wife and I into karaoke. When she was 15 or 16 we started getting tired of carting her to various karaokes just to listen. She's really the one in the family that has the talent. Now she's 23 and still singing. After a few years, as much as I was spending taking her to karaokes, then with the wife and I getting into it, I finally figured I might as well collect a few bucks while having fun. There are a number of weeks I'm out of town, and when I am, my wife and daughter fill in for me. Its great when your whole family is involved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:20 am 
I have yet to see the wife & daughter show.. Hmmm that could be verrry interesting..... :P

Do I need to bring a video camera? Kinda like tonight.. like the Mustard incident..??? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:28 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Ah its great! Was a fun night tonight. Not a large crowd, but not a small one either. Had 18 or 19 singers. Got the first run on my new Audio-Technica 3000 series mic. The first song sounded a little different - but the more I heard it the more I fell in love with it. Right now I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I was going to say I've never seen a wife and daughter show either, but it just donned on me I have. Maybe not technically, I guess it was a mother daughter as the mother was divorced. But tell me this?...Who cares as long as everyone has a good time? That's the bottom line. Although, I've had people compliment me on my wife and daughter (the way they run the show) when I'm out of town.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:56 am 

My favorite was my first night singing karaoke. I was on a business trip with a group of people I didn't know down in sunny Fla. The hotel bar threw some of us out for being too loud (we were the only 5 people in there), and we walked into a Vietnamese restauratnt that was doing a karaoke show hosted by the owner - a very small Vietnamese woman in her 60's. She was hilarious singing country songs and gave me the courage to try it.

She even got me to sing kamikaze - Gypsies, Tramps, and Theives - pretty funny coming from a big bald guy! :lol:

I learned that karaoke can be fun and that people don't throw things if you miss a note! I've been singing ever since, and laughing and smiling almost all night! So far I've found karaoke bars in FL, SC, NC, VA, AL, and CT - and enjoyed almost all of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:36 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

This past Halloween. I was told on Tuesday afternoon that I was doing a Friday show. The bar hadn't had entertainment in 2 years, and I didn't get the flyers out till Wedensday.

Friday at 8:45 (for a 9:00 show) there were 10 people there. When I blinked, it was 9:45 and we were almost at capacity. At 10:15, we had 150+ people and 35+ singers. When my amp overheated and shut down, the people kept singing as if they still had mic's and music. People even formed a spontaneous conga line!

The night was magical, and like nothing I have ever seen before- either as a host or patron.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:32 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Did a memorable one yesterday afternoon (Veterans Day) at an American Legion Post. Had a Bataan Death March WWII survivor there with his wife. We did a special recognition of him. Also, called up in groups all the Army vets to sing the army's song, Sailors to sing anchors aweigh, etc., through all 4 services. I then asked if there were any Coast Guard vets there and there were none. If there would have been I'd have asked him if they had a song, and would have checked to see if I have it and would have played it. But, there were none - so we did Row, Row Your Boat to the Coast Guard. The crowd loved it. Although I hadn't done it for quite a while, I did do "Courtesy Of The Red White and Blue" for all our current vets from the middle ease. Also, one of the regulars requested I do Battle Hymm of the Replblic, after he gave an intro on how it came about during the Civil War days. Sometimes, you can get some really memorable things out of a special show like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:36 pm 
Ron..
That's what maks Karaoke so special...
it's so versitile no rehersals.. and you can almost plan it.. in a few hours.. not weeks or months..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:33 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

I have two nights that particulary stand out. The first is when I met my wife at you guessed it karaoke. LOL The second is when I proposed to her whil i was singing Stairway to Heaven again at Karaoke. lol

I'm not an addict am I????? lmao

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:50 am 
Senior Poster
Senior Poster

I enjoy playing the VFW's and biker events (they call themselves Harley Trash, but they are not trash, they are my best clients)

God Bless the USA is always a floor packer.
I have had people do the Marine Hymn, the Army Song, and a few others. but nothing moves them like that one.

I had a remix of God Bless the USA that has news anouncements of 9/11, and palyed it once..... they didn't like that one, depressed them too much.