KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - What part of Karaoke is your Favorite?? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:10 pm 
With so many shows all across this land of ours, I sometimes wonder what is the most favorite part of Karaoke to some singers and Hosts.
Is it the Camaradarie, the Sound, the location, was it a special place where you met that certain someone? The music selection, What Part of Karaoke is your favorite part and keeps you coming back for more? :D :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 4:39 pm 
Novice Poster
Novice Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
I was just thinking about this, this past weekend. There was a group of kids, ( I call them kids because they were between 21 and 23) that got up to sing Metallica. The excitement in there eyes was as if they were performing an arena concert with Metallica themselves.

More often than not many of the singers get up time after time and merely go through the motions. Much like a veteran drug addict that uses out of necessity.

At the end of the song, this group of young adults ran right over to me and asked if they could do it (sing) again, as they could hardly hold the anticipation in.

I looked at my wife and said, "Now that's Karaoke!"

Gary :D

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:22 pm 
MV,
it's everything you mentioned and more.. the fun of doing it.. some go to sing because they have a dream of making it to the music industry and karaoke is a way to live it out. some use it as a way to audition in those music cities. for others it's a social event at private parties kinda like an ice breaker.. and for others it's a way to break out of thier "Shells" of thier daily lives and burn off the stress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 1:31 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
Tonight it was Nikki and Crystal, enough said................peace,love karaoke,rokkenroke live in the O.C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:28 am 

My favorite part of karaoke (from the KJ side) is meeting people. I have met so many different types of people . Lots of them I like, and a few I didn't care for. People are just so interesting in their own unique way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:43 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

The people...... the songs...... the Camaroddery.....(the spelling)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:20 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

The whole thing :!: I have an outgoing personality, used to be a clown and have done some comedy :twisted: I've met a lot of great people doing this and enjoy it. Singing is good for the soul, and a great release 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:10 am 
Ron.
You probably said it better than I could have in a "cocanut-shell"

Brian D.

P.S. How do you like that new wireless??? :wink:
Tell me more... b.d.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:19 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

:D Brian, I like it - Got it home and played with it so I could figure it out before I use it tomorrow night, and really like it. For anyone else, I just picked up a new Audio-Thchnica 3000 series cordless hand-held. But I'll keep my old ones available for the heavy drinkers that you never know when/how they're going to drop or bang them on tables etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:49 pm 
For some of you thsat don't know the whole story.. Ron and I live in the same city and just happened to "Appear" at the same Pro-Audio "Superstore" and Ron was asking me about the microphones on an Audio Technica Rebate Display Ad.. and i told him about how much i liked the wired ones.. and the sound quality color, clarity.. of the dynamics especially the 6100 series handhelds.. then he brought up the 3000 series wireless handheld models.. and i told him they were selling they daylights out of them and the price was killer on them..
Needless to say Ron didn't wait too long to jump at a killer wireless at nearly $300.00 off retail.. that was just the normal $750.00 retail price.. i think they had what Ron 3 left when you were done?

Ron How did your wife handle it? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 3:36 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I had one of the Audio Technica's I think it was a 1400 series uhf. I couldnt get used to the little switch on the bottom. It had superb sound so I traded it in for a audio technica 1400 For the guitar. I got the extra cord so I can use my sm58 beta with it too . You gotta love them for the sturdiness, I liked it for the rack mount. Shame shure doesnt offer that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:39 pm 
Dr D.
Shure doesn't offer much anymore.. amazing huh.. Ron's Wireless dials in 20 channels in UHF i believe.. i'll show up tonight to sing on it..
I know it will be a killer..... Film at 11 :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:01 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I'll admit, I like the end and getting paid! Beforehand, people having fun, sticking around and coming back, is what it's about. Hearing good music and having an effect on the sound is also satisfying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:43 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I just got back from my monthly gig at the senior citizen center. What a bunch of talented guys and gals. Its also the one gig where I'm NOT screaming or singing metal or motown, but doing the sinatra, bennett, and humperdink. I wish that gig was every week and I believe they feel the same. Oh well tommorrow is 8 year old girls soccer party, Brittney and christina time... I love my life...........peace love karaoke rokkenroke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:12 am 
Well folks between the two of us (Ron And I) our vocal keys changed on the songs between the vocopro wireless.. which is quite boomy sounding.. and the clean and colorful sound sounding AT-3000 Handheld wireless
(AT-3041) (BTW Ron.. NO DUI's getting home after the after party, Thanks!) :wink: Wasn't that a heck of a party? :D :twisted: :angel:
Anywho... As Ron would probably agree with me that the diffrence between the vocopro 4 microphone wireless and the AT wireless is about 1/2 step in key beacuse of cleanliness and sound quality and tone as well as clarity. I spent most of the night pushing songs around 1/2 to 1 step above and below the key where we normally sing the songs as well as Ron to find the key difference between the mics.. and we noticed that the AT was more "true to life" sound than the vocopro, it just took a little more time live finding the difference. but better in one night like Ron did, than 3-4 nights not dialing it in at all before the show..

It's better than messing up 45-60 singers instead of 2 or 3..

Take a lesson from Ron if you do your homework before the show with a new piece of equipment such as a wireless mic. or CD+G player or RF Modulator Chances are it will be a much smoother night and there will ba a calmer presence and delivery to the whole show.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:22 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

all of it