KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - arghhhh...Voco-Pro Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: arghhhh...Voco-Pro
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:13 am 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Okay so I finally got my voco pro mixer back from warranty work and put it to work last Thusrday...... They seemed to fix everything I asked them to... The #2 mic channel was working fine ...The little lights on the meters were brightly lit and the channel fader was replaced but when I went to open the show with the first song ....and NO
effects ZERO NOTHING NADA .... I tried everything I could think of , I had them turned all the way up ..nothing ...I pressed the little by-pass button a million times just in case...nothing!!!!.....arghhhhhhhh :evil: :evil: :evil: Now it seem like my back up system is becoming my 1st system for the time being....
I really dont want to send it out again!!!

I really want to keep the powered mixer as a back up so what do I do ..... Do I go and buy a new mixer with efx (behringer dfx12 ) to use or go and buy an effects unit to use with the vocopro.??? ....

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:19 am 
Super Extreme Poster
Super Extreme Poster

Songs: 35
Been Liked: 2126 times
Behringer doesn't make the DFX12, it is made by Mackie.
Here's what I would do, get the Mackie board for the mains, keep the back up system for backup & give the VocoPro to your dog to play with.

Profile Personal album Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:31 pm 
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

MACKIE .of course that was a typo ..LOL anyway I think I will take your advice...The people at voco pro were very understanding and I will send the mixer back to have the effects fixed (if thats possible). I will order the DFX12 and use that along with my Peavey for my main system and keep the Behringer for a back up ..When they send the Vocopro back next time I think I'll leave it in the box marked OPEN FOR EMEGENCY ONLY :D :) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:34 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

I've used some vocopro and don't think I'll buy any more. The only thing I have is some Mics from them. They sound good and all, but just aren't built with the quality to stand up for doing shows. They'd be fine for home use, but aren't sturdy enough to be handled by your average karaoke singers over a period of time. The other thing is although they have some good pricing, its the old "you get what you pay for" theory as they aren't worth puting money into to fix once they break.