KARAOKE SCENE MAGAZINE ONLINE! - Theme Nights - What's Your Thoughts? Public Forums Karaoke Discussions Karaoke Scene's Karaoke Forums Home | Contact Us | Site Map  

Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene Karaoke Forums

Karaoke Scene

* Login
  * Register

* FAQ
  * Search

Custom Search

Social Networks

premium-member

Offsite Links

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:11 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
You might want to consider adding a second amp as you're pushing the one too hard. And yes, a cooling fan is usually a must!

$10.00 from Radio Shack! LOL! Good deal!

Profile Singer's Showcase Profile 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:36 pm 
I think it's time for a different fan in the amp period.. depending on the model.. or you pushed the amp too hard.. I used to have some old Crest amps that did that.. they would clip and kill the audio for about 15 seconds then come back on, i ended up replacing them.. for the Crest "CA" series and also 7000 and 9000 series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:14 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Been Liked: 0 time
Hey DBK, one more thing. Even if she just plain hates karaoke - she's still a business person. The only reason she's in business is to make money. As long as you can show her she makes more money by doing the karaoke than she did prior to that, it's gonna be hard for her to refuse. Its just sound business. Add to that, karaoke is significantly less expensive than live bands. Might want to use those points with her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:52 pm 
DBK,
re-reading your amp post and mine brought me back to a real expensive show night where i had a whole rack (3) of Yahama amps fail i mean literally surge... early in the night and the lost all of them.. thank goodness i was able to thanks to a friend whose pro system was not leased out borrow his QSC 900's which covered the room nicely with only 2 amps 3 sides mono instead of 6 in mono talk about near disasters...
to this day this friend is one of the best audio guys in the southwest.
I would send a show to him if I personally couldn't book it myself.. for live. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:04 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Thankfully mine came back on! I have an Audio2000s AKJ7075- the new digital amp/mixer combo. I have since addded a Mackie DFX12 to mix the sound, and just use it as an amp now. I know these are new to the market, but I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience, and if I should look into internally adding a fan, or if externally putting a fan on is enough?

Sadly, I am not an audiophile, and not very technical. I tune by ear, and I am trying to make the best of a not so great set-up I got- until it's paid off and I can upgrade.

On another note- since the owner and her female 'partner' just got back from vacation yesterday, I am sending my wife in today to pitch the regular show! Talk about a goldmine, they have had NO ENTERTAINMENT there for 2+ years- their patrons are starved for something to do!

I'll let you guys know, and thanks for your interest.

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 7:00 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I use a simple line voltage clip on fan on my roadcase, Works perfectly for my akj 7000 unit.

When I first used the akj I had the same clipping and restarting problem after a few hours, Now with the clip on it never happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:28 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Pardon my ignorance BJC, but what the heck is a line voltage clip, and how do I get/install one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:51 am 
Extreme Plus Poster
Extreme Plus Poster

Been Liked: 1 time
illustration

You'll see the illustration of how I have the fans installed (sorta) with my roadcase...

I just added another plate to it, for the addition to my third player in the case!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:33 am 
Dave,
I did see the Audio-2000 booth at NAMM Summer session in Nashville ... seemed ok to DJ with .. but I was not too impressed.. it seemed more Impressive for A/V use. but Still I hope you folks get that gig perminantly. I'm setting up to make a trip to Anaheim to showcase live and to check out NAMM 2004 Anaheim shoe.. I'm real excited to see the audio showcase there... and do this ~~~~>>> :shock: when i get the credit card bill after i get my butt chewed by the label for the equipment for the upgrades on 2 studios upgrades, and maxing out label's corperate credit card... :oops: this year it won't be so bad.. I just moved my local facility because I needed more space and better power conditions
and a lot less rent, and better security. and now I don't hear planes flying over in the recordings .. it's so cool! :D hey let me know if i can help on the amp situation Dave.. I can help you get a couple crest or crown amps at some killer deals.. just e-mail me.. if you have any doubts I have some online references.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:25 pm 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

DKJ, I'm using the 7050, have been for over a year now. The only time I've ever had it do what you described was not from having it heat up, but rather from cranking the input up on the mic's and then the singer yell into it right up against the screen. What that does is overdrive it and it kicks down as a safety, rather than allowing it to damage itself. As for cooling, the internal fan works well and I've never had heating problems. One thing I do though is have the player and mixer/amp tabled rather than rack mounted. That way the vents on the top of the 7050 are fully exposed so there's no blockage to air being sucked in by the internal fan. It's only happened once or twice in over a year, but I also adjust both music and mic levels for every song/singer as well as the echo and trebble/base. I have some people who like a lot of echo, some who like a lot of base, etc., so I try to give em all what they want, within reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:34 am 
Advanced Poster
Advanced Poster

Thats why I started using a Mackie mixer. I like having more and easier control over the effects and mix.

Actually, I'm using the 7075, not the 7050. This one is all digital, and has advantages and disadvantages. Biggest deterrent, was that to adjust mic bass/treble, I had to scroll thru a menu on the machine, or use the remote control. Also, this one does ot accept XLR connections, ans the speaker inputs are all for bananna clips.

As I've said- I have a Frankenstein unit from hell. The person I ordered it from took it upon himself to build the unit, instead of the regular shipping/racking guy, and threw me a bunch of random peices to go with my CAVS unit. The guy is no longer with the store, but they have been very responsive to any problems I've experienced with 'Frankie'.

I'd love to know if anyone else has the 7075 model, or if I am truely the only one! :?: